Collapse
No announcement yet.

So All That "If Mosley Hurt Floyd Then Pac Can Kill Him" Talk Is Out The Window

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cmartez and djinferno have analyzed this fight perfectly.

the ONLY way i could even begin to see floyd losing is if fights too much of a defensive fight and stays inactive for long stretches. i doubt this will happen, because like djinferno said, pac would get frustrated just like oscar, shane, and jmm and stop throwing much. this is the perfect opportunity for floyd to use his reach advantage, jab, and straight right to keep pacquiao off him and win the fight comfortably.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
      He fights two old men and a counter puncher.

All three are great examples of stamina over the course of 12 rounds.

The last time Floyd fought a volume puncher with stamina, he got his ass whooped.

The last time Floyd fought a Southpaw, he got tagged a lot more than usual.

If you put both of them together, you can see what's coming if he fights Pacquiao.

Also I used to be a Floyd fan until 2004 when he started cherrypicking and fighting like a bich.

Late 90's to 2003 version of Floyd was a complete package. Combination punching, speed, power, precision, defense and heart.

Floyd has lost some of that, along with his mind.
      its true that pac's stamina is great, especially when compared to oscar and shane, but what about floyd's stamina? when has he ever gotten tired during a fight?

Comment

punchingbag, it's not their lack of stamina, it's floyd's taking it away from them---the reason their output goes down is because of how great floyd counters them with both hands---against manny, i guarantee you if manny tries to overwhelm floyd with punches, he's getting a counter jab that will drop him on his ass-----that's the punch floyd will **** manny up with--the counter jab over manny's jab---and if manny tries to lead with his left hand, he's getting a counter hook--

floyd is a mover in the ring due to the fact that he likes to utilize the space around him to set things up--this is why he's the best in the ring--he knows the ring better than everybody else--he knows how to use the ropes, and fight off of them so well--he knows how to get himself in trouble on the ropes while adapting to the punches, only to mislead the fighter into thinking that, that's where he wants to keep floyd, only to have floyd counter him off of the ropes after he moves just enough to position the opponent's body into a vulnerable angle--then he whacks them and takes their confidence from them---he will breka manny down and start toying with him after he gets into his zone---i'm not putting all of this down to lie to you people--i know how the fight will turn out--i just know---

i had majority of floyd's fights down to a tee---and know how manny fights also almost too well---manny would have to turn conservative to confuse floyd---but angle himself just enough to turn back to southpaw so floyd can miss him---manny better not stay southpaw against floyd---coz floyd turns southpaw also and he throws so sharp that you can't really notice the difference--this is why floyd is a thinking fighter--he knows timing is the best key in boxing and he owns that key---and that's the truth--he will time manny perfect--lead with right hand lead to the solarplex and throw combos at manny---like he's done with everybody else that was a left handed fighter---

manny is getting manhandled by floyd--real talk---hate it all you want--it's only a matter of time now---

Comment

Shane is stronger than Manny but every opponent that PAc fights ends up looking like they have been passed through a meat grinder by the 12th rd. No one can honestly try to tell me that Pac can't hurt Mayweather with one punch....if he caught him right, Mayweather is going to sleep. Pac would get to Mayweather with his volume and angles and eventually break him down. Floyd might survive the fight but he is going to take a beating, Floyd fights in spurts and needs his opponent to throw 1 and 2 punches at a time so he can counter them. With 6 punches coming at him at one time, Mayweather is going to eat some leather....and then some more....and then some more, until he falls to pieces under the stress.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
            Pac is so much better than mosley in every other department except for power and it's not like pac's power is **** compared to mosley it's very close actually. Floyd would get overwhelmed by pac's offense. he either gets very defensive and drowns under pac's onslaught or fight and get destroyed.
            You mean the same onslaught that lands at barely 40% against punching bags? Sure....let Pac get overly aggressive throwing his shots and he sits down within 10 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
              punchingbag, it's not their lack of stamina, it's floyd's taking it away from them---the reason their output goes down is because of how great floyd counters them with both hands---against manny, i guarantee you if manny tries to overwhelm floyd with punches, he's getting a counter jab that will drop him on his ass-----that's the punch floyd will **** manny up with--the counter jab over manny's jab---and if manny tries to lead with his left hand, he's getting a counter hook--

floyd is a mover in the ring due to the fact that he likes to utilize the space around him to set things up--this is why he's the best in the ring--he knows the ring better than everybody else--he knows how to use the ropes, and fight off of them so well--he knows how to get himself in trouble on the ropes while adapting to the punches, only to mislead the fighter into thinking that, that's where he wants to keep floyd, only to have floyd counter him off of the ropes after he moves just enough to position the opponent's body into a vulnerable angle--then he whacks them and takes their confidence from them---he will breka manny down and start toying with him after he gets into his zone---i'm not putting all of this down to lie to you people--i know how the fight will turn out--i just know---

i had majority of floyd's fights down to a tee---and know how manny fights also almost too well---manny would have to turn conservative to confuse floyd---but angle himself just enough to turn back to southpaw so floyd can miss him---manny better not stay southpaw against floyd---coz floyd turns southpaw also and he throws so sharp that you can't really notice the difference--this is why floyd is a thinking fighter--he knows timing is the best key in boxing and he owns that key---and that's the truth--he will time manny perfect--lead with right hand lead to the solarplex and throw combos at manny---like he's done with everybody else that was a left handed fighter---

manny is getting manhandled by floyd--real talk---hate it all you want--it's only a matter of time now---
              ......glad someone with an ounce of knowledge and respect for the finer details of the fight game. Most people don't even know how to pickup on the angles and foot placement and location of punches to appreciate boxing. Refreshing post.

Comment

Manny TKO'd both Cotto and De La Hoya

Shane lost a UD to Cotto and a juiced up version of him won two controversial decisions against Oscar.

This, along with the OP is irrelevant when discussing a fight with PBF.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                  Except that Pac doesn't gas after two rounds.

Even Mosley admitted to punching himself out during the 2nd.
                  Pac brings it all 12 with intensity and speed.

The common denominator for Floyd's past opponent's is lack of stamina.

Pac's punches per round go up not down.

If Floyd starts slow and lets the Pacquiao freight train start chugging, he's gonna get steam rolled

Mosley never said that. He said that Mayweather's leaning on him caused his neck to get stiff. He also said that he was not tired.

stiff.http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Gabriel/Montoya091410.htm

Please provide a link where Mosley "admitted" to "punching himself out" in the second round..
                  Last edited by joseph5620; 11-15-2010, 06:09 PM.

Comment

IDK if I agree with this. The 2 situations were very different in regards to Pac & Shane fighting Margarito. Also, Shane held Margarito all fight so all he did was land and not let Margarito punch back. If Pac could just hit Margarito all night & not take nothing back then he probably stops him also. Conversly, if Shane fights straight up like Pac did without holding then there is no way in hell he stops Margarito in 8 and maybe not the whole fight because he wouldve had to move more and wouldve takened alot of shots back.

Even if that was the case it still doesnt mean that Pac cant stop him. Every fight is different. Floyd is clearly 10x better than Margarito but Pac is still a fast powerful Southpaw & one punch could hurt anyone. Its definitely not out the question

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Shane is stronger than Manny but every opponent that PAc fights ends up looking like they have been passed through a meat grinder by the 12th rd. No one can honestly try to tell me that Pac can't hurt Mayweather with one punch....if he caught him right, Mayweather is going to sleep. Pac would get to Mayweather with his volume and angles and eventually break him down. Floyd might survive the fight but he is going to take a beating, Floyd fights in spurts and needs his opponent to throw 1 and 2 punches at a time so he can counter them. With 6 punches coming at him at one time, Mayweather is going to eat some leather....and then some more....and then some more, until he falls to pieces under the stress.
                      He actually forces them to become less active because of his defense and counter punching. His opponents don't drop their punch output for his benefit.

Comment

Working...
                      X