Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donald Trump : Hillary Clinton's biggest fanboy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitt Romney firing shots at Trump over racism, misogyny, bigotry, and tax returns.

Park City, Utah (CNN)

Mitt Romney suggested Friday that Donald Trump's election could legitimize racism and misogyny, ushering in a change in the moral fabric of American society.
    The 2012 Republican nominee, who has openly opposed Trump's candidacy, went further than he has before in outlining to CNN's Wolf Blitzer how the country's character would suffer in a Trump White House. Trump's rhetoric has caused even some other Republicans to label him a racist, and Romney said he would not be able to paper over his incendiary remarks.

"I don't want to see trickle-down racism," Romney said in an interview here in a suite overlooking the Wasatch Mountains, where he is hosting his yearly ideas conference. "I don't want to see a president of the United States saying things which change the character of the generations of Americans that are following. Presidents have an impact on the nature of our nation, and trickle-down racism, trickle-down bigotry, trickle-down misogyny, all these things are extraordinarily dangerous to the heart and character of America."

Trump, speaking at a rally in Richmond, Virginia, Friday night, didn't address Romney's criticism directly but did say, "I am the least racist person, the least racist person that you've ever seen," a line he regularly says at campaign events.
    Romney, who actively sought to recruit an independent, third-party challenger to Trump, also conceded that a credible candidate will not emerge. But he did show a new openness to one non-Trump candidate, libertarian Gary Johnson, whom he did not rule out voting for.

Johnson's running mate is another former Massachusetts governor, Bill Weld, who once fundraised for Romney. If the ticket was flipped and Weld was the standard-bearer, Romney said he would have no qualms about voting for the libertarian ticket this fall.
    "If Bill Weld were at the top of the ticket, it would be very easy for me to vote for Bill Weld for president," Romney said. "So I'll get to know Gary Johnson better and see if he's someone who I could end up voting for. That's something which I'll evaluate over the coming weeks and months."

Romney's comments on "The Situation Room" are some of the highest-profile support bestowed upon the libertarian ticket, which is almost certain to be less funded compared to the GOP and Democratic lines. He did however express an uneasiness with Johnson, given his position on marijuana legalization.

"Marijuana makes people stupid," Romney quipped.

He once again ruled out running himself, but he was also candid about independent efforts to recruit a challenger. Several sought-after Republicans, including Ben Sasse and author David French, have taken passes.

"I think you're not going to find a credible candidate actually running as a third-party contender," Romney said. "The only way to win the White House, in my view, is to become a nominee of either the Republican or the Democrat Party, and simply running to be a spoiler would not give the American people I think the chance to express their own views about Mr. Trump or about Secretary Clinton."

Trump campaign spokeswoman Katrina Pierson, appearing later on "The Situation Room," dismissed Romney's criticism.

"This again is just sour grapes from the establishment who have had the power stripped out of theirs hands by a candidate that they do not like because he has managed to do something they have been unable to do for decades," Pierson said.
    And Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus tweeted later Friday, "Respect Mitt and differences but couldn't disagree more. SCOTUS too important to lose for generations. Let's stop this and unify."

Respect Mitt and differences but couldn't disagree more. SCOTUS too important to lose for generations. Let's stop this and unify.
    — Reince Priebus (@Reince) June 11, 2016

In Richmond, Trump alluded to his critics, though he didn't mention Romney by name.
    "These poor people going, 'Never Trump, never Trump' -- they've been doing it for months. They did it with Indiana, they did it with New York -- 'We're going to win New York' -- and I won in a massive landslide."
    'My choice is different'
    Romney again speculated about what might be in Trump's tax returns, which he has repeatedly declined to release, claiming that he's under audit. Asked what might be in there, Romney referred to a months-ago comment by Trump that he could not lose support even if he shot someone on Fifth Avenue in New York City.
    "He's calculated that he could get support even if he shot someone, but if he released his taxes, he'd lose support," Romney said. "So there's something in those taxes that's even worse than shooting someone on Fifth Avenue."

Yet Romney declined to criticize other Republicans who have harbored similar feelings about Trump but endorsed him. Romney's mentee and vice-presidential running mate, Paul Ryan, has uneasily backed Trump, but Romney declined multiple chances to pass judgment on the speaker's decision.

"Are you disappointed Paul Ryan has endorsed him?" Blitzer asked.

"I wish everybody in the Republican Party had rejected Mr. Trump and chosen someone else," Romney said. "But my choice is different than that of the other people, and I'm certainly not going to argue with them about their choice."

Romney also shared some disappointment in the Republican candidates who wooed him fervently for support, saying they largely shied away from a fight with Trump in the primary. For much of the campaign, Republican candidates squabbled to position themselves as the chief Trump alternative.

"I don't think he got the scrutiny applied to him that is typically applied to a front-runner by the people running against him," he said, lamenting that they were "firing at each other." "Jeb Bush had a super PAC of over $100 million. And they focused their fire on Marco Rubio and others, as opposed to focusing it on the front-runner."

But if Romney had ran?

"Had I been in the race," he said, "I can assure you, I would have taken him on."
    (Source : http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/10/politi...ism/index.html)

It's interesting to note that recent polling results of the 4 way race (Clinton vs Trump vs Johnson vs Stein) seem to show a correlation between a rise in Gary Johnson's polling numbers and a decline in Donald Trump's.

Seems like a lot of his own party want nothing to do with this guy even after clinching the nomination and are, instead, embracing the nominee of the Libertarian party.

Hopefully Johnson can start polling at 15% so he can be included in the debates with Clinton and Trump. It's been a while since a third party candidate was seen as legitimate enough for a debate invite in this country, and I actually like quite a few of Johnson's public policies.
    Last edited by ßringer; 06-10-2016, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Nothing on Fox News online about Romney's comments. Just the same Hillary email stuff.

I'm all for a viable 3rd or 4th party to rise up and start talking issues, not nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
        Nothing on Fox News online about Romney's comments. Just the same Hillary email stuff.

I'm all for a viable 3rd or 4th party to rise up and start talking issues, not nonsense.
        I really hope Johnson can get in to the debates. I'm not saying he has any shot at winning, but a lot of the success of the duopoly basically comes down to inclusion in the debates. It's prime time television. You're reaching an audience of what? 75-100 million people?

We have to break that cycle of only democrats and republicans making it to the main stage.

The flipside to that coin would be an increased polarity in the country though. We're divided as hell as it is already with basically only two main parties. If the Libertarians started gaining ground and then there was another party that sprung up out of Sanders's candidacy that was a true progressive party that would leave us with 4 major parties, hypothetically.

I wonder how the country would look if such a scenario took place and whichever party won the white house did so on the back of winning like 30% of the vote tops.

I can't imagine the 70% of the country that didn't vote for that person/party wouldn't be pissed at the result and claiming to feel unrepresented when essentially half of our country does the same **** these days depending on which party is in office.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
          Kudos to you for at least owning up to having the mindset of a toddler.

Respect, bruh.
          You just attempted to express your amusement at how "offended" I am, to which I replied that I'm not offended and take amusement in people announcing how "offended" they are, and you're now calling that the mindset of a toddler?

Low IQ moment. See people i the top 0.1% of the Stanford-Binet III don't really have those sort of moments. We track patterns and variables.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post

Fox (aka liberals for Jesus) tried valiantly to act like Trump didn't exist until it became painfully obvious he was the nominee. They wanted another leftist candidate who pandered to evangelists so they could pretend he's "conservative", but they couldn't get one

If they could still be licking McCain and Romney they would It's just no longer an option.

I wonder how Fox and their liberals-for-Jesus platform will adapt now that the top Republican politician is a secular conservative focused on border security and world trade, instead of a spineless pushover who just mentions God in between agreeing with the DNC on everything.

Their whole niche just got flushed down the toilet.

Comment

Understand this: This is by far the worst presidential race we have ever had. These are the worst presidential candidates we have ever had.
              Hillary and Trump are both absolutely wretched.
              Hillary is far more wretched than Trump.

If Hillary is president, say hello to Obama 3.0, except exponentially worse.
              If Trump is president, say hello to absolutely nothing being done within the next four year.

But hey, this all could've been a ploy from the beginning to get Hilary elected. Honest to holy ****ing Christ I can not see why anybody supports her. Not ONE reason.

I pray the Repub party unites in 2020 and pushes somebody decent, instead of 10 scrubs (with the exception of Cruz, but he was anti-estab, so they hated him).

Comment

Obama-McCain was the lowest point and forced me to refrain from voting. This is an upgrade.

To get below Obama-McCain levels we would have needed a Bernie vs Jeb election or something insanely depressing like that.
                Last edited by ////; 06-11-2016, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                  Obama-McCain was the lowest point and forced me to refrain from voting. This is an upgrade.

To get below Obama-McCain levels we would have needed a Bernie vs Jeb election or something insanely depressing like that.
                  Lol you young puppy. In 1972 my choices were Dick Nixon and Red McGovern! You have to go back to the 19th century (Millard Fillmore anyone?) to get worse choices than 1972.

Comment

Trump was in favor of the Iraq war before he was against it.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/18/politi...dio-interview/

Like literally everything else he's campaigning on this season.
                    it doesnt matter.

he was a private citizen.

hillary was part of the government. she voted for the war in iraq. she was secretary of state when gadafi was overthrown and now libya is a mess.

look at fooking Iraq:

she voted for this.

we destroyed that country.

look at fookin Libya:

[IMG][/IMG]

its now split into two governments with the rise of ISIS right in the middle gaining territory. who is W's original sin, but obama's failure to clean up the previous president's mess is his original sin people certain people are overlooking, failure to recognize ISIS capability threat and use american force to stop their advance like a true american president should do, he dismissed them as the JV team.

hillary clinton is part of that government. she supports drone warfare which continues to create a never ending factory of future terrorists.

for an educated white woman raised rich in the most powerful country in the world, she make's bad decisions.

it reflects poorly on her.

add her unattractive charmless dishonest persona who coudlnt sexually satisfy her husband who had to resort to philandering anything that had a gash to the point of sexual vacations with pedophile of the rich and powerful jeffrey epstein with underaged girls,

she really doesnt deserve to be president.

donald trump is just too much of a wildcard along with her being the potential first woman president in american history because she was an overtly ambitious former first lady is her only saving grace.

im not against the idea of a woman president. i just dont want a bad decision making that leads to america destroying already destroyed countries in the middle east causing 9/11s, ISIS, ugly lying woman raised rich, that couldnt sexually satisfy her husband to be the first woman president of the most powerful country in the world.

after a rather successful first black american president who was a self made man unlike hillary, intelligent, charming, attractive president who isnt perfect but did make some good decisions.....

we deserve another one.

another attractive, successful, intelligent, GOOD DECISION MAKING person as president. man or woman. it doesnt matter to me.

hillary clinton is not it. she only get's a one term go at it because she is the real life claire underwood. just a charmless, unattractive, lying, phony dried up old trust fund cvnt version.

basically the woman version of donald trump.

Comment

Mitt Romney firing shots at Trump over racism, misogyny, bigotry, and tax returns.

(Source : http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/10/politi...ism/index.html)

It's interesting to note that recent polling results of the 4 way race (Clinton vs Trump vs Johnson vs Stein) seem to show a correlation between a rise in Gary Johnson's polling numbers and a decline in Donald Trump's.

Seems like a lot of his own party want nothing to do with this guy even after clinching the nomination and are, instead, embracing the nominee of the Libertarian party.

Hopefully Johnson can start polling at 15% so he can be included in the debates with Clinton and Trump. It's been a while since a third party candidate was seen as legitimate enough for a debate invite in this country, and I actually like quite a few of Johnson's public policies.
                      Talking about racists....why was Romney caught saying racist things about Obama supporters? Is it hypocritical of him to be blatantly racist and to then accuse Trump of being a racist?

Or for him to make racist jokes about Hispanics?

Looks like bigot Romney has absolutely no credibility whatsoever when it comes to being capable of judging the racial biasing of others.

Comment

Working...
                      X