Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto fans: To buy or not to buy??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is pathetic. You're implying that you're happy giving Cotto your money. He's a millionaire who doesn't know you and doesn't care about you, why should you care whether he gets any of the revenue? It's as simple as this - buy the fight if you want to see it, don't buy it if you don't.

Comment

I'm foking buying it.

Comment

I'm buying it

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
          Nobody said he was getting $0 off the paperview revenue, doggie. which is why i put "his" in quotations, in reference to the post (theres a reason for those, you know? lol) . because the poster seems to think Cotto was getting this 50-50 type of split deals with distributors and networks. and he wasn't.

They tryna make it seem like Cotto's somehow being "robbed" for this fight, which isn't the case.

Read my post again before u go jumpin the gun,
          And YOU should read my post again before jumping the gun. Nowhere in it did I say I thought Cotto was getting a 50-50 deal from anyone.

And yes, by Floyd making the statement that the way he conducts his business AT THIS TIME, no one gets a percentage of the PPV - one could easily say either A) Cotto is not getting a percentage of the PPV revenue because Mayweather is stating NOW or B) Floyd just flat out doesn't want to make the Pacquiao fight and really only meant that PACQUIAO will never get a dime of PPV money. I personally think it's option B.

Mayweather explains why 'he can't' give Pacquiao 50-50
          http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweathe...o-50-50--50186

"How my deal is structured at this particular time in the sport of boxing is I keep 100% of the [pay-per-view]revenue, so why would I even give a guy 50-50."

He said it, I didn't. The question was simple, "IF it's true..." LOL@ some of you gettin all butthurt and assuming I'm a "*******". And no, I don't care who makes what... but IF IT'S TRUE (key word being IF) I do care that Mayweather picked Cotto probably more off his big fan base (obviously to bring in higher views) and doesn't want to pay out a cent in PPV's to a guy who WILL help the ratings to go up, SO HE CAN TAKE THE BIG MONEY AND ALL THE CREDIT <<< which was really the whole point in the first place. It's B.S.

And, if you don't care and think it's stupid, don't respond. Simple as. I should've known that you can't have an adult conversation on here with the name Mayweather in a sentence.

Comment

I plan on going to the movie theater to watch the fight, and I'm not paying if you know what I mean.

Comment

Who the hell cares really?

Cotto is getting HIS BIGGEST PAYDAY IN HIS BOXING CAREER from Floyd Mayweather.

I'm a boxing fan so I will buy both fights.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                Who the hell cares really?

Cotto is getting HIS BIGGEST PAYDAY IN HIS BOXING CAREER from Floyd Mayweather.

I'm a boxing fan so I will buy both fights.
                From Floyd Mayweather? Damn, *****s and *******s are just the same type of fans, FANBOYS.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
                  From Floyd Mayweather? Damn, *****s and *******s are just the same type of fans, FANBOYS.
                  Feel free to show me where it says otherwise?

Are you implying this won't be Cotto's highest payday, where he happens to be fighting Mayweather?

Are you into using simple logic?

Comment

i would say that fans of cotto are gonna buy the fight because they're fans of cotto. unless you're on websites like this on a daily basis as most of us on here are, then you're not even gonna know about these "terms."

Regardless, if you want to watch a fight and support your guy, i doubt you're gonna care about the split.

i've been watching boxing for years, i've ordered many PPV's and not once have i thought to myself, "hmmm, i wonder if i should buy this fight because i'm not sure who will be making more money".. it's pretty much a dumb question

only people who consume they're life with their hatred for floyd would even consider this.

that's just my 2 cents.....

sincerely,
                    fan of cotto and floyd and boxing.... (buying the fight)
                    Last edited by Best in Boxing; 03-02-2012, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X