No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Admits Cotto-Canelo Negotiations Are Tough

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    ...or Cotto can fight Mayweather for the lineal MW title.
    I think that's a good fight too, I think it's more evenly matched now. Who ya like in it?

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
      You're right he gets paid regardless, I just see him getting the most for this fight and it's winnable. Aside from maidana, those others fights might result in defeat
      I think he can beat Bradley and I had him beating Floyd but got robbed. No way he beats GGG but he can beat Taylor and the winner of Lee vs Korobov

The real question I have is why is De la hoya saying the negotiations are tough? Canelo has constantly proven he ain't a ducker*. Hes kinda like Carl Froch in that they are willing to fight anybody. And since he has so much to gain from the Cotto fight, just accept the terms and focus on the fight and call Floyd's buff.

*The only fight I can think of Canelo ducking is Clottey but it might be a legit injury so who knows

Comment

I hope it gets done in the cowboy stadium and charge only 10 bucks a ticket, pack that motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          I think he can beat Bradley and I had him beating Floyd but got robbed. No way he beats GGG but he can beat Taylor and the winner of Lee vs Korobov

The real question I have is why is De la hoya saying the negotiations are tough? Canelo has constantly proven he ain't a ducker*. Hes kinda like Carl Froch in that they are willing to fight anybody. And since he has so much to gain from the Cotto fight, just accept the terms and focus on the fight and call Floyd's buff.

*The only fight I can think of Canelo ducking is Clottey but it might be a legit injury so who knows
          Ya I can't see canelo being a roadblock, the guy is down to fight anyone. Big fan of his just for that. Regarding the clottey fight, I don't blame him, it's a risky fight with literally no upside.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
            you wont need scorecards for this fight, canelo stops cotto...
            Honestly, that is a difficult proposition for some one who cant cut off the ring, is flat footed and slow footed. Canelo throws powerful combinations but your assuming Cotto is going to be there long enough for Canelo to land more then one shot, I highly doubt Canelo wins. I think Cotto wins by decision or late stoppage. Thats not to say Canelo cant win, I think theres a small chance Canelo can pull it off, but the smart money should be on Cotto. Remember Canelo hasnt fought anybody who hits like Cotto so how Canelo handles Cotto's power will be a bigger determining factor then how Cotto handles Canelo's.

Comment

Cotto, don't go to Texas to get robbed. TX should absolutely be out the question.

Comment

COTTO is the A side and if Canelo doesn't go with cotto demands he can just rematch floyd

Comment

Easy answer to that, what did De La Hoya mention multiple times? The fight taking place in Texas. Guarantee De La Hoya would agree to every last demand Cotto has, even to have Canelo also wear pink, if Cotto agrees to fight in Texas. And the date may be another issue, because it seems like Cotto wants to take a 154 lbs fight before he defends his middle weight title, and since we know the Canelo fight would be at 155 for the title Cotto may want that for June so he can take another fight early in the year.

Comment

The location is one of the biggest obstacles and certainly the date. Canelo wants the fight in May, around Cinco De Mayo weekend, but Cotto might prefer the month of June around the time of the Puerto Rican Day Parade.*
                    Last edited by MrRolltide91; 11-01-2014, 01:30 AM.

Comment

The location is one of the biggest obstacles and certainly the date. Canelo wants the fight in May, around Cinco De Mayo weekend, but Cotto might prefer the month of June around the time of the Puerto Rican Day Parade.*

I called this weeks ago

Comment

Working...
                      X