Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i want to see floyd's stans have to say about this, they avoid it like the plague

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good video, forward to 8:55 when floyd is fighting baldomier at welterweight, doesn't floyd look really skinny there and the welterweight floyd of today looks 15 pounds heavier, what is floyd taking? He supposedly is at the same fighting weight he is there when he fought baldomier

floyd ducked margarito and that just the plain and honest truth

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Again the Marg offer came prior to Baldo...So the at the time is completely accurate.

And, even then Floyd didn't have to give up money to fight Marg like he did with Baldo. So taking that into account Marg was still more, and then take into the account what the PPV would have done. And, reliable sources like Jake Donovan has said that Floyd had to give money back for the Baldo. Still makes that Marg off his career highest at the time.

And, I don't know why you think Floyd is Marg worse nightmare. Maybe you really weren't following Marg closely at the time. Which I don't blame you, he was ignore for the most part of his career. Therefor no one noticed the danger he brought. Only fighters and people who were following the division closely could know.

Brian Kenny doesn't speak for boxing community.
      That supposed danger Margo presented to his opponents back in 2008 is now under suspicion by many in the boxing community. If Floyd opted NOT to fight Margs then good for Floyd as I've said before. Look at how Margarito altered the course of Cotto's career. Floyd is now benefiting from his prior decisions financially and health wise. Can't say the same for guys like Cotto who hasn't looked like an elite fighter since 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by SuckerPunch4KO View Post
        "Margarito, easy money, easy work" Floyd.

So why not just make an easy 8 mil?
        First, read the article. Then post a link where Mayweather says this.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          First, read the article. Then post a link where Mayweather says this.
          Anyone who has been watching boxing since before 2008,

knows this.

Its obvious, you haven't.

Comment

Someone name me one success Margarito has had in boxing the last 2-3 years?

Comment

Did you read?

It means if Arum would've gave him the extra 3 million he asked for, Floyd would've fought Margarito. Arum admitted that in the article.

It has nothing to do with ducking. Arum couldn't hold up his end of the deal.
              Why didn't Floyd fight Margarito again?

Comment

3:53 - 4:07....
                This means what?

Comment

You knobs, I've seen this when the whole Margarito-Mayweather storyline was at it's peak. Some of you just finding out about it now?

It's been argued to death, I guess all the posters of that era are retired and new ******s have taken their place.

Watched the beginning with Arum talking. LOL, the guy was stuttering because even he felt ashamed of his hypocrisy. He says that if Floyd doesn't wanna fight Margarito, he doesn't have to as long as he admits he is scared of a stronger, bigger Welterweight who is better than him.

Fast forward to 2010-2011, and he is burying Tim Bradley as an attraction and ability to sell tickets, and thus will not get a shot at one of his fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by SuckerPunch4KO View Post
                    Anyone who has been watching boxing since before 2008,

knows this.

Its obvious, you haven't.
                    Exactly, no link. You like to make up history with J-hosales.

Floyd never said Margarito was easy work. Turns out Floyd would've fought Margarito for 8 mil, but Arum couldn't guarantee Floyd the 10 mil he wanted in the following fights. This forced Floyd to break his contract with Arum.

These are facts. Or as you might put it "fax".

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggenius27 View Post
                      exactly, no link. You like to make up history with j-hosales.

Floyd never said margarito was easy work. Turns out floyd would've fought margarito for 8 mil, but arum couldn't guarantee floyd the 10 mil he wanted in the following fights. This forced floyd to break his contract with arum.

These are facts. Or as you might put it "fax".
                      jrosales knows better......

Comment

Working...
                      X