No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather on PED Testing, Says Pacquiao Finally Learned

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    he didn't have to move up, he moved up cause he wasn't a threat to the top 2 welters, and to pick up an easy 3rd divisional belt.
    I would go with he move up because he couldn't make 147.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      I would go with he move up because he couldn't make 147.
      luckily he was matched soft at 154 at first, since he can't hang with the top guys there. what's he to do, hope someone meets him at 150?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slappin' Maxie View Post
        Haha...Corrales was SOOOOOO weight drained he took Freitas' 0 and his title at 130 shortly after.
        Wrong. Freitas vs Corrales was at 135 not 130.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          People just say stupid sheet sometimes, I prefer to deal with facts. Corrales was still fighting at 130 three years after he was supposedly weigh drained against Mayweather according to people on here, While Cotto was fine "Because he said so before the fight" even though facts was he had to move up just right after.

Someone presents to you proof of the fighter stating before the fight, at weigh-in and post-fight that his loss had nothing to do with weight and in fact he felt he would be STRONGER than his opponent yet you just throw those FACTS out the garbage

but

because a fighter went up a division you call that a FACT that he must have been weight drained.

I better make sure that I never call you up to be my defense lawyer ..... lol!

Sorry, but your statements are silly.

Not that it needs to be mentioned since I have Cotto's own words but that same Cotto, who was the 154 champ, had already fought at 154 twice but wanted to come down to 150-151 to fight Margarito.

After the Cotto vs Trout fight many over here said, Cotto should have stayed at WW because he is too small for 154 and was more effective at WW.

Corrales: Again, there is lots of proof that Corrales was severely drained. Even Corrales's (condition) trainer years later when he was no longer his trainer blamed himself for the mistakes that got Corrales in that position of being weight drained. There was no reason for Ariza to come out with those statements years after the fact because he was really blaming himself. There are plenty of interviews by plenty of people.

Secondly, so what Corrales tried one more time at 130. It was for a chance to get a title. So he took the chance. What happened? In two fights, Corrales went down like three times against a fighter that is NOT known to be a KO puncher .... but to you, it's proof that Corrales wasn't drained? lol!

Corrales had a hard time making weight even at 135 let alone 130. There are interviews of him saying so and further proof on him having trouble by not making weight.

Man, oh, man. I'm still laughing at your line, "He went up in weight, so he must be weight drained" .... lol .... So everyone that goes up a division must have been weight drained in their last fight at the lower division?
          Last edited by ADP02; 02-23-2013, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post

Someone presents to you proof of the fighter stating before the fight, at weigh-in and post-fight that his loss had nothing to do with weight and in fact he felt he would be STRONGER than his opponent yet you just throw those FACTS out the garbage

but

because a fighter went up a division you call that a FACT that he must have been weight drained.

I better make sure that I never call you up to be my defense lawyer ..... lol!

Sorry, but your statements are silly.

That same Cotto, who was the 154 champ, had already fought at 154 twice but wanted to come down to 150-151 to fight Margarito.

After the Cotto vs Trout fight many over here said, Cotto should have stayed at WW because he is too small for 154 and was more effective at WW.

Corrales: Again, there is lots of proof that Corrales was severely drained. Even Corrales's (condition) trainer years later when he was no longer his trainer blamed himself for the mistakes that got Corrales in that position of being weight drained. There was no reason for Ariza to come out with those statements years after the fact because he was really blaming himself. There are plenty of interviews by plenty of people.

Secondly, so what Corrales tried one more time at 130. It was for a chance to get a title. So he took the chance. What happened? In two fights, Corrales went down like three times against a fighter that is NOT known to be a KO puncher .... but to you, it's proof that Corrales wasn't drained? lol!

Corrales had a hard time making weight even at 135 let alone 130. There are interviews of him saying so and further proof on him having trouble by not making weight.

Man, oh, man. I'm still laughing at your line, "He went up in weight, so he must be weight drained" .... lol .... So everyone that goes up a division must have been weight drained in their last fight at the lower division?
            Ok. So are you merely stating that Diego Corrales was drained JUST for the Mayweather fight? Considering he continued to campaign after that fight at the same weight, he could obviously still make it comfortably. It must've been a one fight thing then.

Also, if the weight stipulation against Cotto didn't make a difference, why ask for it? Better yet, if the Pacquiao beats Cotto regardless of weight, why ask for weight stips again in a rematch? (a question I've never got a straight answer for)

On topic, Roach hinted (in jest, he says) that Marquez' physique wasn't "natural". After the KO, plenty of Pacquiao fans continue to accuse Marquez of using steroids and continue to do so, due to his association with Heredia (and because he laid Pac out like a cheap rug). If Pacquiao had gone ahead with more stringent testing, as he said so many times he was willing to do (but never did), he, his team, and his fans would've had a little piece of mind at least. That's the point being made. The fact that more stringent testing is a condition of a fifth match vindicates that point, whether people like it or not. Pacquiao now knows what it's like to want that piece of mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
              Wrong. Freitas vs Corrales was at 135 not 130.
              Sorry, I was thinking Casamayor. A better fighter than Freitas anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                they may not have known about the kneebrace he was gonna be wearing. without his wheels Foreman doesn't brings much at all
                Foreman wears a knee brace in a lot of his fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
                  Ok. So are you merely stating that Diego Corrales was drained JUST for the Mayweather fight? Considering he continued to campaign after that fight at the same weight, he could obviously still make it comfortably. It must've been a one fight thing then.

Also, if the weight stipulation against Cotto didn't make a difference, why ask for it? Better yet, if the Pacquiao beats Cotto regardless of weight, why ask for weight stips again in a rematch? (a question I've never got a straight answer for)

On topic, Roach hinted (in jest, he says) that Marquez' physique wasn't "natural". After the KO, plenty of Pacquiao fans continue to accuse Marquez of using steroids and continue to do so, due to his association with Heredia (and because he laid Pac out like a cheap rug). If Pacquiao had gone ahead with more stringent testing, as he said so many times he was willing to do (but never did), he, his team, and his fans would've had a little piece of mind at least. That's the point being made. The fact that more stringent testing is a condition of a fifth match vindicates that point, whether people like it or not. Pacquiao now knows what it's like to want that piece of mind.
                  Corrales: This is a well-known fact that he was weight drained for the Floyd fight. He also had a flu that week that could have contributed to the situation.

You may have missed it but Corrales had problems with weight at 130 and 135. For all of his fights? No but he did for some. It was reported as such and he even didn't make weight against Casamayor in one of his fights.

Both Castillo and Corrales had trouble making weight being that they are tall/big in size for that weight. Both have not made weight on a few occassions.

Again, you may have missed what I said but the reason that Corrales tried once more was because it was for a title. The thing is that Corrales was again knocked down 3 times by another fighter who was not known to KO quality fighters.

Cotto: I have presented proof from Cotto stating that he was fine when it came to weight. He said it wasn't the factor to why he lost and he also said that he was still at his best even at 145.
                  CW for Manny was the same reason why was there one for Marquez vs Manny or Marquez vs Floyd or even worse, Cotto, the 154 champ requesting 150-151. Nobody criticized Marquez nor Cotto, right? So why criticize Manny when it was his first fight at WW against a true WW in big Cotto?
                  Last edited by ADP02; 02-23-2013, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slappin' Maxie View Post
                    Sorry, I was thinking Casamayor. A better fighter than Freitas anyways.

No problem, ... we can all make mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                    X