Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you see Golovkin vs Mayweather EVER happening?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
    Terrible argument. Is every guy that Floyd faced a PPV fighter on their own? GGG at least arguably is. Was Baldomir? Berto? Guerrero?
    but floyd is retired now, if he is coming back from retirement at 40yo to fight at a 20lbs disadvantage it will be for big bucks, not for 97k or baldomir o guerreros...

Comment

TMT and GGG team in negotiations right now.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
        but floyd is retired now, if he is coming back from retirement at 40yo to fight at a 20lbs disadvantage it will be for big bucks, not for 97k or baldomir o guerreros...
        I can understand Floyd not taking the fight for age and weight reasons, but you're very mistaken if you think GGG isn't a draw in the fight. There's nobody other than Pacman who would sell a Mayweather fight to that level.

Comment

Reading through this thread, one of the recurring themes is "having to listen to 'fans' not giving the fighter credit" and still whining and making excuses.

Says a lot about today's Boxing.

I've always said the fans are the biggest reason for the negative change in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
            Reading through this thread, one of the recurring themes is "having to listen to 'fans' not giving the fighter credit" and still whining and making excuses.

Says a lot about today's Boxing.

I've always said the fans are the biggest reason for the negative change in boxing.
            You ain't lying. Fanatical support or hatred is what moves boxing, not necessarily boxing itself.

Comment

I can understand Floyd not taking the fight for age and weight reasons, but you're very mistaken if you think GGG isn't a draw in the fight. There's nobody other than Pacman who would sell a Mayweather fight to that level.
              ggg isnt big on the casuals, after his failed attempt to fight on ppv he had to go back to network fighter for a reason... maybe if he fights and beats canelo then he should become a ppv fighter, but until then a combination of those 3 reasons i gave you, will not let the fight happen...

Comment

Part of me actually can. But only after GGG at least defeats Canelo in the Fall or something. Beating boxing's #1 attraction would rub off on GGG and make him more of a star, and that could make a fight with Floyd more attractive.

From a casual fan point of view, let's not pretend like GGG wouldn't be a huge opponent for Floyd. If Mayweather chose to fight him, casuals will immediately be educated on who he was just from watching the All Access episodes and they'd see that he's undefeated, see that he's knocked out nearly every opponent he's been in the ring with, see that he's never been knocked down, see the so-called "drastic" weight differences, possibly see his very prolific amateur record, etc. In their minds, that would build him up as some kind of monster that could potentially knock out the older Floyd. Casuals wouldn't care about the quality of opponents that he's defeated (although beating Canelo before fighting Floyd would certainly do nothing but help matters), that's usually the type of stuff only hardcore fans analyze about. So yeah, I think that'd be a big fight that could easily do over 1 million buys.

Comment

Originally posted by KLockard23 View Post
                  So yeah, I think that'd be a big fight that could easily do over 1 million buys.
                  That's not really an achievement.

That's become the norm when Floyd fights

Comment

About as likely as Rigondeaux making Jim Lampley's Gatti list

Comment

Meh at this point its High risk, VERY HIGH reward. Particularly if it's for the lineal title at 160
                      1) right (the fight would be about really big money for sure)...
                      2) the lineal title at 160 is still with Canelo and it's likely that it will stay with him.

Comment

Working...
                      X