Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook-Carson Jones Rematch Confirmed For 7/13

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brook really proving that he has any chance of being a top fighter in this one. Watch him look great and Brits making him the next "great" fighter. It's pretty clear by now this kid won't be stepping up for a long time and when he does he will flame out rather quick. This kid should stop boxing and pick up a full time job bagging groceries or something, fuking waste.

Comment

Quack quack

Comment

Ducks bradley, ducks alexander...

Guys got skill but no balls

Comment

Alexander's team said they were moving forward when Brook got hurt a 2nd time. Brook doesn't have to sit around waiting for Devon. Taking on Carson Jones is viewed by many as the equivalent to Khan if he would have rematched Prescott. Sure Brook won as opposed to getting KO'd in the first round, but he was exposed and in desperate straights in that fight. It was a life and death fight. So to knock Brook for manning up and giving the rematch is a bit silly in my eyes. You can certainly knock him for fighting Julio Diaz next (which seems to be the plan) but this match should be made. Then again who exactly is Brook supposed to fight after Carson Jones? Devon Alexander is already being matched with Amir Khan according to shaefer in December. Brook-Alexander isn't happening in the immediate future but Brook is still the mandatory and not going anywhere unless he loses.
          Last edited by rogdogx; 05-15-2013, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            All in all, looks like you don't know shit.
            Originally posted by springfiels View Post
            And I doubt Kell Brook will get another shot at Alexander any time soon. Khan is more likely to fight Alexander late 2013.
            Hmmmm looks like I might know a little about boxing then...

Look for Brook to start TALKING about fighting a legit top 147lb fighter in mid-2014 after 2-3 "tune-ups" against nobodies.

Say what you like about Khan, and me nah his biggest fan, but the guy definitely looks to fight top level fighters as much as possible and actually does it in America when he could easily sit in the UK and sell out arenas against nobodies (like Calzaghe and Hatton did for years under Warren).

Comment

Look for Brook to start TALKING about fighting a legit top 147lb fighter in mid-2014 after 2-3 "tune-ups" against nobodies.

Say what you like about Khan, and me nah his biggest fan, but the guy definitely looks to fight top level fighters as much as possible and actually does it in America when he could easily sit in the UK and sell out arenas against nobodies (like Calzaghe and Hatton did for years under Warren).
              Surely you see that Calzaghe & Hatton's long stay over here is because of Warren though and Brook would've probably gone the same way for quite some time, just look at Cleverly.

Khan is at the top and has been for some time, Brook is yet to get there. Fair enough if Brook stepped it up and then went back to the likes of domestic/European competition, he's still progressing.

Every 147lber is going to call out Alexander, he's the weakest champion.

Comment

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
                Alexander's team said they were moving forward when Brook got hurt a 2nd time. Brook doesn't have to sit around waiting for Devon. Taking on Carson Jones is viewed by many as the equivalent to Khan if he would have rematched Prescott. Sure Brook won as opposed to getting KO'd in the first round, but he was exposed and in desperate straights in that fight. It was a life and death fight. So to knock Brook for manning up and giving the rematch is a bit silly in my eyes. You can certainly knock him for fighting Julio Diaz next (which seems to be the plan) but this match should be made. Then again who exactly is Brook supposed to fight after Carson Jones? Devon Alexander is already being matched with Amir Khan according to shaefer in December. Brook-Alexander isn't happening in the immediate future but Brook is still the mandatory and not going anywhere unless he loses.
                Hearn/Brook seem so obsessed with the IBF belt, or any alphabet title, but I don't see why... No one cares about belts that much if there's no proper names on the resume. Forget Alexander for now. There are a load of legit credible opponents who aren't champions but would massively improve Brooks standing out there. Fight Maidana, do a number on him and prove you're so much better than Khan. Call out Victor Ortiz or Josesito Lopez. Get former champ Randall Bailey in the ring and do a better job on him than Alexander and get people calling for Alexander to fight you. Keith Thurman, Luis Abregu, Senchenko... The list goes on.

Sorry but if he was ready to fight Alexander before his "injuries" I just don't see why they need to drop back to fighting gatekeepers in 10 rounders?

Comment

this is spot in!

Comment

Great fight. First fight was a war and close so it definitely warrants a rematch.

Why is it so hard to believe that brook was legitimately injured for the alexander fight? people think he spent all that money on training camps and promotion so that he could fake an injury lol...

Comment

So he ducked Devon to fight another bartender and milk the Sheffield crowds some more?

This guy will never step up his competition, bloody coward

Comment

Working...
                      X