Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting hit with lead right hands is down right disrespectful

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lead rights are one of the easiest punches to land against southpaws, add to that mayweather superior speed/timing and yeah....

You can either try taking away his straight right, or his sweeping right. But because of mayweather speed, the punch you don't try to take away will be a problem. Cotto's game plan was to take away mayweathers straight right, and he did, but mayweather busted out the sweeping right and it was effective all night.

But the angle is naturally there against southpaws for lead rights, just need the speed

Comment

Speed kills.... Also mayweather had the far superior footwork. True that as a southpaw you know they're going to be throwing that lead right hand, but its also the punch you're somewhat vunerable for, and it was Mayweather for ****s sake.

Comment

I know right hands are effective against Southpaws...I know Mayweather isn't a normal fighter...but c'mon, Guerrero was getting hit AT WILL be lead right hands from the OUTSIDE! No excuse, don't care who you're fighting. You're a professional fighter fighting great to elite level fighters, that is unacceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
          I know right hands are effective against Southpaws...I know Mayweather isn't a normal fighter...but c'mon, Guerrero was getting hit AT WILL be lead right hands from the OUTSIDE! No excuse, don't care who you're fighting. You're a professional fighter fighting great to elite level fighters, that is unacceptable.
          That's how great Mayweather is, he does it to everyone. Look at how he was connecting vs Ortiz, Mosley, Hatton....I mean it's not like Guerrero was the only one.

Mayweather is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
            He does it to everybody. The problem is you run out of options on how to deal with it effectively. He is so quick he can coil his body up and drop his right hand low, much lower than most of us are ever used to seeing in sparring. Then he sits and waits for you to lead and uncoils it when you open up slightly. The problem is once he gets you in this position he effectively stalls the fight up leading to the quintessential Mayweather paced fights. You can sit back and shell up and throw nothing and get hit a little or try and fire and get hit a lot. Most guys opt for the first option and end up throwing way below their normal punch stats while getting plunked by the lead right at a steady pace.

Comment

Working...
            X