Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-watched Inception last night on a big TV with surround sound and that **** blew me away!

First time i watched Inception was on a ****ty copy on my 17 inch PC monitor. I was dark, blurry and the sound was tinny. Really made the movie seem crappy first time i watched it. But last night i was amazed that i some how missed this great movie first time i saw it.

Truly amazing film. 10/10

Comment

• Originally posted by OG 'Titi' Henry View Post
      Re-watched Inception last night on a big TV with surround sound and that **** blew me away!

First time i watched Inception was on a ****ty copy on my 17 inch PC monitor. I was dark, blurry and the sound was tinny. Really made the movie seem crappy first time i watched it. But last night i was amazed that i some how missed this great movie first time i saw it.

[IMG]http://*****************/cache/instances/400x/12/12907/13217077.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

• Originally posted by OG 'Titi' Henry View Post
        Re-watched Inception last night on a big TV with surround sound and that **** blew me away!

Movie was awful imo tryed to hard,11 was a bad year for fim even though i loved this flick.

Comment

• Anybody seen War Horse?

Comment

• Delete....………
            Last edited by BTL; 01-15-2012, 12:46 AM.

Comment

• Election

Election 2

About the triad society. Both great films. Great scores on rotten tomato from both the uppity elitist critics and fans.

Comment

• "30 Minutes or Less"

The not so smart Dwayne intends to open a massage parlor with his partner Travis, but he does not have money for the investment. He decides to hire a hit-man to kill his father, The Major, who won a large amount of money in the lottery years ago, but the killer demands US$ 100,000 for the job. Dwayne and Travis kidnap the pizza delivery boy Nick and they dress Nick in a vest with a timer and several bombs. Then Dwayne tells Nick that he has ten hours to rob US$ 100,000 from a bank. Once he does, he would give Nick the code to release the vest. Nick summons his best friend Chet to help him in the heist but the scheme does not work the way Dwayne has plotted.

Just want to say this movie was lame, I couldnt keep my eyes open for it kept dosing off the first time trying to watch it. Started it again where I was falling asleep and about 30 minutes later again I was falling asleep. It's hard to like a movie that tries so hard to make you laugh and be funny but falls way short of doing so. There were some parts that were ok but for the most part it was just blahh nothing special about it, the story was lame, the acting was ehhhh tried to hard to make themselves seem funny. Overall very disappointed.

Rocco Rating 5 out of 10

Comment

• Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare (1987)

Pure low-budget heavy metal cheese from the '80s. Jon Mikl Thor and his band rent a house in the Canadian countryside to finish their album, but little do they know that there's some strange shit going on in that crib.

Also known as Edge of Hell, this flick is only recommended to people who like bad movies. The special effects will make you laugh. You can tell right off the bat they were trying to pad the running time of the movie when you see the group's van taking FOREVER to get to the house. The story is a little wacky but, hey, that's not the reason you're watching this. Like I said, the movie is definitely cheesy and low budget but it has a little bit of charm. Don't be surprised if you find yourself singing along to the soundtrack.

Comment

• "Apollo 18"

Decades-old found footage from NASA's abandoned Apollo 18 mission, where two American astronauts were sent on a secret expedition, reveals the reason the U.S. has never returned to the moon.

Movie was ok, not full of action or really suspenseful but it held my attention. They did a good job making it seem as if it really was made off of 1970's footage. The story was good as well. I wish they went a little bit further with the character development but over all it was ok.

Rocco Rating 7 out of 10

Comment

• "The Debt"

The espionage thriller begins in 1997, as shocking news reaches retired Mossad secret agents Rachel (Helen Mirren) and Stefan (Tom Wilkinson) about their former colleague David (Ciarán Hinds). All three have been venerated for decades by their country because of the mission that they undertook back in 1965, when the trio (portrayed, respectively, by Jessica Chastain, Marton Csokas, and Sam Worthington) tracked down Nazi war criminal Vogel (Jesper Christensen) in East Berlin. At great risk, and at considerable personal cost, the team's mission was accomplished - or was it? The suspense builds in and across two different time periods, with startling action and surprising revelations.

After seeing the previews on tv, as well as reading reviews I was under the impression this was going to be a highly action packed movie, but to my dismay it was far from it. The story was ok but the movie bounced around and lost my focus too many times throughout to keep me fully interested and watching. Actually I fell asleep.......Acting was good, The story was ok but it didnt reach my expectations.

Rocco Rating 6 out of 10

Comment

Working...
                      X