Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SERIOUS QUESTION: Is Victor Ortiz The Third Best Welterweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SERIOUS QUESTION: Is Victor Ortiz The Third Best Welterweight?

No Manny-Floyd arguments. Call it Manny 1/Floyd 2 or Floyd 1/Manny 2, I don't care.

But is Victor Ortiz - IN YOUR MIND - still the 3rd best welterweight out there?

yes..............

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
      yes..............
      So, you got him beating Devin, Khan when he gets there, Mike Jones, and old stalwarts like Clottey?

Comment

The best? No. Does he deserve to still be rank #3? Damn, maybe, sure why not? It's not because of how good he is. But, how weak the division is. And, the guys that might be better. Don't have the resume yet to be rank ahead. Even though Ortiz resume at WW is pretty weak. It's really only 2 fights plus a few he had around the 142 area.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
          So, you got him beating Devin, Khan when he gets there, Mike Jones, and old stalwarts like Clottey?

Out of that list, I think Khan beats him, but he's not a Welterweight just yet.

I guess Ortiz would be #3, but the division is kind of shitty these days.

I think Jones has a good chance at beating him as well, but not 100% sold him just yet.

Comment

All fighters not named Pac or May can be considered third best Welterweight because quite honestly, Pac and May's lead over the others are too huge while these "other" fighters has small leads between them. So no matter how you hype them, they will always look the same to me.

So in the WW division, there are only three fighters:
            1) Pacman
            2) May
            3) Others

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              The best? No. Does he deserve to still be rank #3? Damn, maybe, sure why not? It's not because of how good he is. But, how weak the division is. And, the guys that might be better. Don't have the resume yet to be rank ahead. Even though Ortiz resume at WW is pretty weak. It's really only 2 fights plus a few he had around the 142 area.
              Hey man, I sent you a note the other day checking on your fam

Comment

Originally posted by dosepulgada View Post
                All fighters not named Pac or May can be considered third best Welterweight because quite honestly, Pac and May's lead over the others are too huge while these "other" fighters has small leads between them. So no matter how you hype them, they will always look the same to me.

So in the WW division, there are only three fighters:
                1) Pacman
                2) May
                3) Others
                Sooooo, after May and Pac fight, the winner goes... where? To Martinez? To scrub whoever is at 154?

If there's no legitimate work at 147...

Brandon Rios better hurry up and move to 140 so he's at least within sniffing distance of WW.

Side note: I do not believe that Ortiz will keep making 147 for long. 164 is a huge WW, and he's prolly 175-180 between fights.

Comment

Sooooo, after May and Pac fight, the winner goes... where? To Martinez? To scrub whoever is at 154?

If there's no legitimate work at 147...

Brandon Rios better hurry up and move to 140 so he's at least within sniffing distance of WW.

Side note: I do not believe that Ortiz will keep making 147 for long. 164 is a huge WW, and he's prolly 175-180 between fights.
                  After Pac vs May, I think everyone will need a lot of hype job already unless Khan, Bradley and Maidana or a new upcoming fighter surprises every one. Rios has a chance to do that IMO. Furthermore, I believe Serg is a great boxer, but he needs to move up. As a boxing fan, hearing that he is willing scrape a lot to fight Pac and May makes me feel a little sad about him. hes like JMM but instead of going up, hes moving down. I mean, if only JMM competed against Tim Bradley, Amir, Peterson, Alexander, or even Maidana first instead of jumping up to the WW, the story might have been completely different. but money is money. So serg needs to move up and make his own name by defeating bigger fighters. And it will not be too late for him to do because there is still a lot of better competition if he moves up. But considering his age... I dunno.
                  Last edited by dosepulgada; 09-23-2011, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Yes, I would pick Ortiz in all of those fights unless Floyd finished him. I think he was killing himself to make weight and will be way better at WW. That Southpaw style will give people hell

Comment

Working...
                    X