No announcement yet.

Madden 16.... Thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madden 16.... Thoughts?

I just started playing madden 16... I like it a lot, pretty solid, especially like the new additions to receiving with the aggressive catch or Yards after reception catch.

I don't like the play calling windows.. That's my major complaint.. I prefer the old school playbook menus

I do think this is the best madden of the last few years, though I did really like 25 and last years

Comment

I think all the Madden games pretty much suck for the past 5 years or so. I'm going to wait until they actually make a new game (new engine, redesign everything from the ground up, and/or wait until a different company makes an NFL game (if that is ever allowed to happen)) rather than just add a few new futures and a couple new animations with an updated roster.

It would be best if EA just made a new game every two years and simply updated the roster rather than making a new game every year, but I guess if people are that gullible to buy a nearly identical game every year EA will never to do it. Maybe a better solution then is for EA to hand off the game to another company or partner and have them design their own every other year, kinda like Call of Duty and the likes. That may provide a much better product.

An annoying thing with Madden 16, like you say, is the play calling. It seems since they don't change much from the actually gameplay from year to year there isn't a whole lot they can modify, so they end up going with with the stuff that doesn't need to be changed - play calling, load screen, etc. It's really annoying that in past Maddens they more or less perfected the best, quickest and most efficient way to navigate play calling, only to change it to some clusterfuck that doesn't make any sense. And then as soon as you get used it they change it again because hey, these developers have to look like they are actually working on something and the game is different right. They make these changes to hide the fact that its more or less the same game you bought last year for $60+.

'16 does have some minor improvements though, passing options, receiving and in theory defensive pass protection (usually the game favors the receiver though and seems to fall into the similar past madden high scoring, high passing type of play).
      Last edited by ИATAS; 10-01-2015, 04:02 PM.

Comment

This is the best one I've played in years.

Comment

It's better than the last few games. But I miss the Madden when it use to have "John Madden" commentating. I prefer those older PS2 play calling menus. I really dislike how most of the playbooks are very similar or limited in Madden 16. A lot of the things I use to love about Madden aren't there anymore. I've been buying like every other game but I end it returning it later in the year. I love NFL football and there's no other real options far as games out there.

Madden use to be awesome to me, but since there's no real competition for EA because they have that license agreement with the NFL, they have no real big reasons to "step up" their efforts in developing the game. I wished 2K was still able to make NFL games. Madden 16 feels like it should've been what we got in Madden 25.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            I think all the Madden games pretty much suck for the past 10 years or so. I'm going to wait until they actually make a new game (new engine, redesign everything from the ground up, and/or wait until a different company makes an NFL game (if that is ever allowed to happen)) rather than just add a few new futures and a couple new animations with an updated roster.

It would be best if EA just made a new game every two years and simply updated the roster rather than making a new game every year, but I guess if people are that gullible to buy a nearly identical game every year EA will never to do it. Maybe a better solution then is for EA to hand off the game to another company or partner and have them design their own every other year, kinda like Call of Duty and the likes. That may provide a much better product.

An annoying thing with Madden 16, like you say, is the play calling. It seems since they don't change much from the actually gameplay from year to year there isn't a whole lot they can modify, so they end up going with with the stuff that doesn't need to be changed - play calling, load screen, etc. It's really annoying that in past Maddens they more or less perfected the best, quickest and most efficient way to navigate play calling, only to change it to some clusterfuck that doesn't make any sense. And then as soon as you get used it they change it again because hey, these developers have to look like they are actually working on something and the game is different right. They make these changes to hide the fact that its more or less the same game you bought last year for $60+.

'16 does have some minor improvements though, passing options, receiving and in theory defensive pass protection (usually the game favors the receiver though and seems to fall into the similar past madden high scoring, high passing type of play).
            Fixed it for you

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              I just started playing madden 16... I like it a lot, pretty solid, especially like the new additions to receiving with the aggressive catch or Yards after reception catch.

I don't like the play calling windows.. That's my major complaint.. I prefer the old school playbook menus
              TBE7348 Is my gamertag. You want to play me 1 v 1

I got a mic

Comment

Working...
              X