No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nacho Says No Lucky Punch, Expects Marquez To Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Architect View Post
    Wait, Pac coming off a possible career ending KO is someone that would generate more revenue than a Mayweather return?

Do you think JMM could make 15-20 million by fighting Pac who the entire world just seen him almost kill? Where have you been? Not many people are even concerned with seeing Manny in the ring anytime soon. Roach even said that he feels Pac should come back and take an easy touch/tune up before getting back into the ring with JMM.
    Why are you badgering me with this again, I already explained it in the other thread. You didn't have any follow up questions. Short version:

1. demand wise Pac JMM 5 >>> Pac JMM 3
    2. ppv sales: Pac JMM 3 > Floyd's comeback vs JMM. Tedious fight, sure will help future numbers
    3. JMM can demand 50/50 vs Pac, can't demand **** vs Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by AHUEVO View Post
      That's a good point and you know Mayweather will be extra cautious. I mean come on, he was super cautious even when they fought the 1st time and came in overweight. He won't take very much damage, as he would against Brandon Rios. He should seriously consider it and leave the sport financially secure.
      I agree with all of this. If he fights Rios there is no way he would make what he made vs Pac. Who the F**K has Rios beat?

Comment

pac always goes on the inside with his hands low, it was only a matter of time before someone exposed it, thats the soul reason i thought mayweather could beat pac, pac goes in with his hands low and mayweather would of picked him apart with straights, but marquez perfectly timed the straight and landed hard, marquez should fight other fighters, him and pac need to stop fighting each other, theres many good fights for both of them other than each other

Comment

JMM landed the same punch about 20 times, so maybe it was lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            Why are you badgering me with this again, I already explained it in the other thread. You didn't have any follow up questions. Short version:

1. demand wise Pac JMM 5 >>> Pac JMM 3
            2. ppv sales: Pac JMM 3 > Floyd's comeback vs JMM. Tedious fight, sure will help future numbers
            3. JMM can demand 50/50 vs Pac, can't demand **** vs Floyd
            I agree with all you said but Pac is not going to come back and fight JMM, that would be like Hatton coming back and fighting Pac after he was asleep on the canvas. Yes he can demand 50/50 vs Pac but what makes you think he cant do this after a Mayweather fight? A mayweather fight will not take away from the fact that the last bout between JMM & Pac ended with Pac ko'ed. The leverage doesnt disappear at all.

And he doesnt need to demand anything vs Mayweather, everyone Mayweather has fought has got their career high paydays courtesy of him. The fans and public are in no way clamoring for an immediate rematch between these JMM & Pac at the moment, not even Pacs trainer......Pac shouldnt be worrying about trying to rush back into the ring with JMM. Would you advise him to do so after that devastating KO?

Comment

Originally posted by Architect View Post
              Wait, Pac coming off a possible career ending KO is someone that would generate more revenue than a Mayweather return?

Do you think JMM could make 15-20 million by fighting Pac who the entire world just seen him almost kill? Where have you been? Not many people are even concerned with seeing Manny in the ring anytime soon. Roach even said that he feels Pac should come back and take an easy touch/tune up before getting back into the ring with JMM.
              That is why a rematch will not happen imho.

It would need to happen now, and Pac aint ready, he needs a break.

Comment

I dont want Rios to fight anyone else but JMM/Manny or in worse case scenario Garcia next. No more crap fights for him

Comment

Nacho made some good points, Marquez should take some time off a fight with Bradley or Rios would be great if he wants to fight once before a fifth fight with Pacquiao it would be a great fight as well.

Comment

Originally posted by stretchedout View Post
                    That is why a rematch will not happen imho.

It would need to happen now, and Pac aint ready, he needs a break.
                    If anyone thinks or is an advocate for Pac immediately jumping back into the ring with JMM seriously has no interest in his well being. I mean I love a good fight but Pac needs to take a break and evaluate his career. JMM will knock him out again if they fight anytime soon. Who knows if his psyche is chattered now.

Comment

Marquez-Mayweather II?

Comment

Working...
                      X