Do you respect fighters like David Diaz for not quitting on the stool? Or

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you respect fighters like David Diaz for not quitting on the stool? Or

is it just foolish pride?

My brain hates the words No Mas, my brain hates people who quit on the stool, even if you guys still respect them... I lose a great deal of respect for fighters like oscar, chavez, duran for quitting on there stools.

David Diaz might not have a name like hoya, chavez, duran, but he has a heart of a warrior to never give up.
    I respect them completely
    53.85%
    I respect them completely, and only pussys say no mas
    30.77%
    No, he is an overrated bum
    0.00%
    Other
    15.38%
    Last edited by ACHlLLES; 12-09-2008, 08:05 PM.

All respect to a guy like that but the second half of that fight was completely unnecessary.

Comment

My thing is, they don't have to die for me to like them.
      If they give it their all and have no chance of winning, discretion can be the better part of valor.

It's a sport, not the roman coliseum.

Plus, how many guys consistently get laughed at for going out on their shield.

The fans don't give a **** if a guy is permanently damaged.
      They just want a hero in a show.

Comment

If I was in that ring, I'd die before saying no mas or I give up. If I fail then let me fall to that canvas and go out like a warrior.

Comment

leveander johnson, duk woo kim, jimmy garcia....

sometimes 'no mas' is the smart thing to do

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
            leveander johnson, duk woo kim, jimmy garcia....

sometimes 'no mas' is the smart thing to do
            The Johnson fight was stopped four rounds too late. Duk Koo Kim was a crazy bastard who kept coming so you couldn't tell with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by CastorTroy View Post
              If I was in that ring, I'd die before saying no mas or I give up. If I fail then let me fall to that canvas and go out like a warrior.
              It's fairly easy to say that when you work at Kinkos though. If you really have that mindset, then a court order couldn't keep you away from a boxing gym. Truth is, you don't know until you're in there how you're going to react. The real thing is the ultimate stress test.

Comment

Its not that much of a biggie if a fighter quits imo,when they blatently ***** out its bad but when they give what they have and their is nothing left i have no problem with them calling it a day

Boxing can be brutal at that level. I believe majority of novice pro's are like Semi pro rather than pro

there are exceptions like Mayweather but

Comment

I feel like alot of people quit only because they feel they will be embarrassed if they get ko'd. Not because there life is on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    My thing is, they don't have to die for me to like them.
                    I am completely with you, brother. Boxing is a sport, these guys have family, friends and lives outside of the ring. I respect the guys who go out on their shield, but as an example what would it have proved for Oscar to come out in the ninth against Pac? Nothing. He would have just taken more physical damage, no need for that.

Comment

Working...
                    X