Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Calzaghe: A Good Fight, But I'd Beat Andre Ward!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Calzaghe: A Good Fight, But I'd Beat Andre Ward!

Very confident about his chances, retired Joe Calzaghe (46-0, 32KOs) believes he would have beaten WBC/WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward (26-0, 14KOs) if they would have fought each other in their primes. Calzaghe retired in 2008 after wnning a twelve round decision over Roy Jones Jr. in New York City. Ward is regarded as the best super middleweight in the sport and one of the best pound for pound fighters in boxing.

[Click Here To Read More]

Absolutely agree, as do most logical fans.

Comment

Joe must have high when he said this

Comment

Joe would have waxed him.

Comment

I agree with Joe.

Comment

Agree 100%. Joe would have been too busy, too fast but most importantly too unorthodox. I don't think Calzaghe gets enough credit.

Comment

Joe is the best Super Middleweight in the History and the best fighter to ever come out of the UK - he would of beaten Andre comfortably - one thing which people don't appreciate Joe always adapts to whatever style he faces that was strength - all respect to Joe.

Comment

Only in Joe's and his blinker wearing fans wildest dreams this ever happen.

Comment

At Best Dude Fought a DRAW WITH BERNARD HOPKINS. I HAD HOP A ROUND OR TWO BASED ON clean punches.

WARD is Hopkins 2.0 FOR REAL.

Calzaghe IS LIKE Marciano. HE ONLY FOUGHT THEM WHEN THEY WERE OLD.

WARD WOULD EASILY DECISION Calzaghe.

Calzaghe FIGHTS LIKE AN AMATEUR FOR REAL.

But real Talk Calzaghe did go undefeated, gotta give him credit for that.

However he is the best Cherry picker of ALL TIME.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
                    Joe is the best Super Middleweight in the History and the best fighter to ever come out of the UK - he would of beaten Andre comfortably - one thing which people don't appreciate Joe always adapts to whatever style he faces that was strength - all respect to Joe.
                    Forgetting about RJJ? Calzaghe doesn't even come close to a prime 168 RJJ...
                    Ward also adapts to whatever style he faces.

Comment

Working...
                    X