Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Your Opinion, How Many Losses Do Each of These Fighters Really Have?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Your Opinion, How Many Losses Do Each of These Fighters Really Have?

Yeah, I know judges decisions are official, but there not always right. How many losses do you believe each of the following fighters have:

James Toney
    Pernell Whitaker
    Sugar Ray Leonard
    Julio Cesar Chavez
    Bernard Hopkins
    Oscar De La Hoya
    Juan Manuel Marquez
    Felix Trinidad
    Manny Pacquiao
    Shane Mosley
    Last edited by -PBP-; 07-22-2012, 03:51 PM.

James Toney - 4 Losses (McCallum 2, Jones Jr, Samuel Peter 2 and Lebedev)

Felt he beat Griffin X2, Thadzi, and Sam Peter in the first fight

Pernell Whitaker - 2 losses (last 2 fights of his career)

Felt he beat De La Hoya, Ramirez and Chavez

Sugar Ray Leonard - Need to revisit but thought he lost Hearns 2

Julio Cesar Chavez - Need to revisit but thought he lost to Whitaker

Bernard Hopkins - 4 losses (1st fight of his career (benefit of the doubt), Jones, Calzaghe, Dawson)

Oscar De La Hoya - 7 Losses (Whitaker, Quartey, Mosley 1, Mayweather, Sturm, Hopkins, Pacquiao)

Juan Manuel Marquez - Need to watch more but felt he won 2/3 of the Pacquiao fights

Felix Trinidad - 4 loses (Jones, De La Hoya, Hopkins, Wright)

Manny Pacquiao - 5 losses (2 early ones, Morales, Marquez X 2)

Shane Mosley - 8 losses (Forrest X 2, Wright X 2, De La Hoya, Mayweather, Pacquiao, Canelo)

Comment

I haven't seen all of those fights yet so I can't give a concrete overall verdict but I do have some observations. I thought James Toney lost the Mike McCallum rematch clearly and also lost the first Griffin fight fair and square. Pernell Whitaker, I thought he beat Oscar De La Hoya by 1 point. Sugar Ray Leonard, I thought he should've lost to Marvin Hagler. I thought Hopkins should have gotten the decision against Calzaghe and did enough for a draw in the Dawson rematch, and I thought Oscar De La Hoya should have lost to Pernell Whitaker, Ike Quartey and Felix Sturm but also should have won against Felix Trinidad and Shane Mosley in the rematch. Juan Manuel Marquez should have gotten the decision against Manny Pacquiao in their second and third bouts. Felix Trinidad should have lost to Oscar De La Hoya like I stated before. I thought Manny Pacquiao did enough to earn the draw in the first Marquez fight and I also thought Shane Mosley should have won very narrowly against Miguel Cotto. I haven't been able to catch up on a lot of the other stuff but I will eventually.
      Last edited by JK1700; 07-22-2012, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Hopkins only legit losses are Jones, Taylor 2 and Dawson. Taylor 1 should of been a draw. Also he beat Mercado and Pascal.

Marquez won the first 2 Pacquiao fights and the Chris John fight. The Norwood fight should of been a draw
        Last edited by JAB5239; 07-23-2012, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
          Here come the Whitaker nuthuggers

Hopkins only legit losses are Jones, Taylor 2 and Dawson. Taylor 1 should of been a draw. Also he beat Mercado and Pascal.

Marquez won the first 2 Pacquiao fights and the Chris John fight. The Norwood fight should of been a draw
          So you think that the only fight with JMM that Pacquiao won was the 3rd fight? I doubt that many share the same opinion.

Comment

SCtrojan, you're the one who keeps bringing it up, but here the facts are again. Even the most hardcore Chavez Sr fans aren't dillusional enough to believe Whitaker wasn't out and out ROBBED! Whitaker deserved the decision and it wasn't close

Comment

Ohhhhhhh. SC is a Chavez fan. I was wondering why I see him popping up in every Pernell Whitaker thread with something negative to say. That explains a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                So you think that the only fight with JMM that Pacquiao won was the 3rd fight? I doubt that many share the same opinion.
                The 3rd fight is the only fight which had a big favorite(Pacquiao) and people think when ever the big favorite is in a close fight and wins its a robbery. The 1st fight was the only one that wasn't close(Marquez won at very least 8 of the last 11 rounds).

Also I have never been a Chavez fan look at my sig to see the guys I am a fan of. Chavez was robbed against Whitaker he should of won by DQ. Its actually pathetic that Whitaker couldn't out right win over Chavez who was fighting out of his weight class.

Comment

The 3rd fight is the only fight which had a big favorite(Pacquiao) and people think when ever the big favorite is in a close fight and wins its a robbery. The 1st fight was the only one that wasn't close(Marquez won at very least 8 of the last 11 rounds).

Also I have never been a Chavez fan look at my sig to see the guys I am a fan of. Chavez was robbed against Whitaker he should of won by DQ. Its actually pathetic that Whitaker couldn't out right win over Chavez who was fighting out of his weight class.

So not a Chavez fan. Just a Whitaker hater. Got it.

Comment

Show your scorecard for the Whitaker-Chavez fight or quit talking about him in this section. Everyone here is tired of listening to this rubbish. I've never liked Whitaker just like I don't like Mayweather, but only a fool puts on blinders not to recognize greatness and the truth. This isn't NSB, we back up what we post or we don't post it. Now you can put up or you can take your ridiculous talk to NSB. Its your choice bro.

By the way, Whitaker had 5 fights above the 135 division, Chavez had 25 when they met. Food for thought.

Remember, no scorecard no posts about Whitaker.
                    Last edited by JAB5239; 07-23-2012, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X