Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez's Trainer: I'd Pick Brook Instead of Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marquez's Trainer: I'd Pick Brook Instead of Mayweather

Legendary Mexican trainer Ignacio "Nacho" Beristain would prefer his longtime pupil, former four division world champion Juan Manuel Marquez (56-7-1, 40KOs), return against a fighter like IBF welterweight champion Kell Brook and not against WBC/WBA champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a rematch.

Brook defends his title next Saturday night against Frankie Gavin, while Mayweather is back on the Mexican Independence Date of September 12th.

Marquez is dealing with a knee injury and it's prevented his return since the decision win over Mike Alvarado a year ago.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well, at least with Brook he can win a round or two...

Styles make fights and unfortunately, his style with his body won't work against Floyd anyways (as we have seen previously).

Comment

Marquez needs to retire. I have a feeling he is going to get knocked out like Pac.

Comment

i remember in in the mid 2000s a Marquez fight was huge for me, now i want him to retire, i'm tired of seeing him fight not because i don't like the guy but because he really isn't fighting for anything, all he wants now is to get that title in the next division and break the Mexican record but c'mon man it's not even necessary anymore, he's stretched out that Pac KO for too long and after the Bradley loss i knew he had reached his apex

Comment

Brook ends Marquez's career.

Comment

Marquez has nothing for Mayweather. We already saw that.

Kell Brook would be the easier choice.

Comment

brook he can win if the power doesnt bother him, with mayweather he just too skilled.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by St. Johns Gent View Post
                  i remember in in the mid 2000s a Marquez fight was huge for me, now i want him to retire, i'm tired of seeing him fight not because i don't like the guy but because he really isn't fighting for anything, all he wants now is to get that title in the next division and break the Mexican record but c'mon man it's not even necessary anymore, he's stretched out that Pac KO for too long and after the Bradley loss i knew he had reached his apex

i think arce already beat him to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Czarczar View Post
                    Marquez needs to retire. I have a feeling he is going to get knocked out like Pac.
                    You mean Marquez might get Pacquiad That was a knee slapper.

Comment

Working...
                    X