Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New: Boxingscene Bragging Rights Fantasy Game!! 100% Free!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New: Boxingscene Bragging Rights Fantasy Game!! 100% Free!

Being a huge fantasy sports player and boxing fan, I have been trying to think of a way to do fantasy boxing. On the car ride home I thought of a fun idea. It would be mainly for bragging rights and would be a great way to have different people in this forum follow different fighters. There would really be no limit to the amount of players, but I think somewhere between 10 and 16 would be ideal.

So the rules

Each owner gets 10 million dollars to use to sign boxers

You can sign boxers to 1,2,and 3 year deals

$100,000/yr is the minimum for a 3 yr deal
    $50,000/yr is the minimum for a 2 yr deal
    $10,000 is the minimum salary

After the boxers contract is up, he becomes a Free Agent, but the original owner has the right to match any offer. Therefore if a $10,000 fighter wins a title, the owner could at least match future offers, giving him credit for the finding

How will the fighters be divided/bidding work

There will be a random snaking order to call out names

The first owner in the order can call out any boxer they would like, then the bidding begins on this boxer

Say owner 1 calls David Haye, owners can bid as much as they want until he closes.

Owners are removed from the draft order when they have spent their 10 million

There is no limit to the amount of boxers you sign, but there is a limited amount under budget

A player is eligable to be bought only after their first fight

There will be a new auction every year where all owners lose expiring contracts. All contracts are guaranteed unless a boxer retires. So if you sign Roy Jones for 3 yrs for a big salary and he is no good, you are forced to stick w/ him til expiration. RFAs will be bid on first and then new boxers will come after.

I know this is a lot so feel free to suggest any ideas and pose any questions.

Thanks

Grant

Interested

1.ggurtin
    2.The_Italian
    3.mangler
    4.Ramamaiden
    5.detluv
    6.hishaam15
    Last edited by ggurtin; 11-20-2008, 12:30 PM.

sounds interesting.

i'd love to try this fantasy boxing game.

should be lots of fun so long as i dont get stuck with zelenoff or hartley...haha

Comment

Originally posted by The_Italian View Post
      sounds interesting.

i'd love to try this fantasy boxing game.

should be lots of fun so long as i dont get stuck with zelenoff or hartley...haha
      good news is everyone has a chance to bid on all the guys..lots of strategy will go in to when to bid etc, but you should definetly be able to land solid fighters.. I put you on the interested list.

Comment

If you like fantasy sports so much why not make the "draft" for a boxing league more like football or basketball? I understand that boxing is a bit different, but why not just make a random draft order and forget about the bidding war? I mean, organize a price for each fighter before hand based on certain things. For example:

A championship holder of one of the major belts: $250,000
        An undefeated fighter: $100,000
        Then, each fighter on the WBC, IBF, etc. ranking for that weight class:

#1) $150,000
        #2) $130,000

etc.

Something in which prices are somewhat standard and it just comes down to drafting like it does in all other fantasy sports?

Comment

Originally posted by Njord777 View Post
          If you like fantasy sports so much why not make the "draft" for a boxing league more like football or basketball? I understand that boxing is a bit different, but why not just make a random draft order and forget about the bidding war? I mean, organize a price for each fighter before hand based on certain things. For example:

#1) $150,000
          #2) $130,000

etc.

Something in which prices are somewhat standard and it just comes down to drafting like it does in all other fantasy sports?
          it makes it harder on the person drafting it up...

but makes it easier on everyone because it will be very hard to get everyone involved online at the same time to bid...

Comment

but makes it easier on everyone because it will be very hard to get everyone involved online at the same time to bid...
            Yeah, but most of the classic fantasy football teams and such couldn't always have come up if you had a budget. Shouldn't a fantasy boxing game be as close to the other fantasy sports that people like as possible?

Comment

#1) $150,000
              #2) $130,000

etc.

I would say the idea of bidding was that we could make it a very open strategy and people could pick their own value. Some people may think a heavyweight is worth more than a minimumweight while others may value an Ivan Calderon. Maybe it has the feel of being a fantasy promoter by bidding, not sure. Also gives into the dynasty league well, allowing you to stay w/ the fighters you follow which is a big factor. However, I am thinking the bidding should go on for more than 1 boxer at once, that may help makes prices more streamlined...

Comment

#1) $150,000
                #2) $130,000

etc.

Probobly why we should have more than one boxer being auctioned at once so it does not take forever. People can continue placing bids online until a guy has not been touched for a day maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by ggurtin View Post
                  I would say the idea of bidding was that we could make it a very open strategy and people could pick their own value. Some people may think a heavyweight is worth more than a minimumweight while others may value an Ivan Calderon. Maybe it has the feel of being a fantasy promoter by bidding, not sure. Also gives into the dynasty league well, allowing you to stay w/ the fighters you follow which is a big factor. However, I am thinking the bidding should go on for more than 1 boxer at once, that may help makes prices more streamlined...
                  I don't think the bidding thing works as well as pre-set price tags. Also, the problem with fantasy boxing is the points. How would that work?

Comment

I don't think the bidding thing works as well as pre-set price tags. Also, the problem with fantasy boxing is the points. How would that work?
                    Id say it is mainly going to be a bragging rights thing. It will be very obvious when someone's stable of boxers is doing better than someone else's. It will also be fun when boxers go H2H, new bragging rights between users w/ each match. As I said, idea is to be like a promoter in RL, like in fantasy you are a GM. There are no points for promoters, but you know GBP has better guys than say Star Boxing

Comment

Working...
                    X