No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins vs Thomas Hearns at 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PorterIsFuture View Post
    I never knew how much reach Hearns had until I decided to actually look. Always knew he was long, but ****ing 80? Jesus Christ..

I see why Mayweather ducked Williams.. That freaking Hearns build of 6ft+ and long ass range.

Unless Bhop worked off of counters, I see him having a really hard time..
    Thats preposterous

Comment

Hopkins all day hed beat both hagler and hearns at that weight outbox, set up traps and keep them guessing, the height wouldnt be that big a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
        Thats preposterous
        Even in a fantasy matchup thread between Hopkins/Hearns, it still transforms into a "Floyd ducking (insert fighter here) thread."

Comment

I never knew how much reach Hearns had until I decided to actually look. Always knew he was long, but ****ing 80? Jesus Christ..

I see why Mayweather ducked Williams.. That freaking Hearns build of 6ft+ and long ass range.

not to mention that williams would lean in and fight and make himself smaller / shorter. he also didn't punch like tommy hearns.

hopkins could concievably be outboxed, too. tommy had super fast hands and could keep an opponent turning when he needed to.

i think hopkins chance is to catch up to hearns and stop him. i think that's unlikely. hopkins was a strong puncher, but hearns' chin is underrated.

Comment

tommy held way to much punching power for hop, marvin hagler would have beat hop easy

Comment

Reach I believe is an overrated attribute in boxing, so few people are able to effectively utilise it!

Hearns had terrific jab and straight and used reach relatively well but was prone to being outfought.

Hopkins wouldn't work from the outside, I think he smothers Hearns and forces a dogfight! Hearns whiskers were brittle bit I don't think Hopkins stops him, but outworks him over 12/15!

Old school clinch rules would also allow Hopkins to work more from the clinch and take it to Hitman!

Comment

If Hopkins can do anything James Kinchen did he'll have success if not he'll get outpointed easy 8-4 9-3 kinda scores.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemax View Post
                  Hearns would put Bernard to sleep
                  KOvalev, a big lhw couldn't put to sleep a 50 years old hopkins, i don't think hearns could do it

Comment

To close to call. People forget that Bernard could actually crack back then and he took Roy Jones the distance. If I had to pick I would give a slight edge to BHop because, like others have said, that was BHop's prime division and not Tommys. Would of been a hell of a fight though.

Comment

Working...
                    X