No announcement yet.

Australian Open Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    The past shows he's not a bottler. But yeah you could say he bottled it today and Djoko definitely has something over him psychologically. But Nadal is still a proven winner whereas Murray is a loser.

The worst part of Murray's performance to me was the way he quit in the 4th set. I don't think you'd ever see Nadal do that.
    Yeah I agree with that.

But you won't see anywhere that says Nadal bottled it today, whereas everyone will/has levelled it at Murray for yesterday. Smacks of double standards to me.

I don't think either of them bottled it tbh, Djokovic hits winners at big points in games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      I miss Tiger Tim tbh
      Yeah his Wimbledon runs were always exciting to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
        Yeah I agree with that.

But you won't see anywhere that says Nadal bottled it today, whereas everyone will/has levelled it at Murray for yesterday. Smacks of double standards to me.

I don't think either of them bottled it tbh, Djokovic hits winners at big points in games.

Murray did well on Friday but lets be honest if he had made it through I am sure he would have used the long match as an excuse to not dig deep like djokivic did today .

Comment

• Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
          Murray did well on Friday but lets be honest if he had made it through I am sure he would have used the long match as an excuse to not dig deep like djokivic did today .
          He's not good enough to do what Djokovic did today, got nothing to do with bottle. Djokovic could barely move in that 5th set and he was still hitting winners. Murray doesn't hit many winners.

Comment

• I love seeing Nadal so downbeat after a loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Addition View Post
              I love seeing Nadal so downbeat after a loss.
              You're evil.

Comment

• Novak doesn't fuck around!

Comment

• Nadal needs to take a year off from the sport to try to get his knee back into condition.

Comment

• Nadal simply rolled over. It's what he does against Djokovic. I watched it until 4 something and I said fuck it, to go to sleep because Nadal was being an idiot. He can't beat Djokovic from 8 ft behind the baseline and returning second serves from that same distance as well.

I wish Roger had gotten into the finals. He seemed to have a specific game plan for Djokovic. Notice the forehand slice, drop shots anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      Nadal simply rolled over. It's what he does against Djokovic. I watched it until 4 something and I said fuck it, to go to sleep because Nadal was being an idiot. He can't beat Djokovic from 8 ft behind the baseline and returning second serves from that same distance as well.

I wish Roger had gotten into the finals. He seemed to have a specific game plan for Djokovic. Notice the forehand slice, drop shots anyone?
                      Yeah, Djokovic probably would've found it tougher against Federer than Nadal.

This match will go down as one of the greatest grand slam finals ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X