Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do these guys get their punching power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
    Large ripped muscles play next to no role at all in punching power, that's why.

Only in the power transfer phase of a punch does muscle strength play a role momentarily.

Even then.. Get a heavy bag, line it up, and smack it with all of your might as hard as you can dropping all of your weight into it with the best technique you can muster...

Feel the contraction of all of your muscles involved? None of your muscles contract NEARLY as hard as they do when you perform a squat, deadlift, pulldown, press etc during even the hardest punch.

Even during a push punch, normally bad form for a boxer, which offers the punch an extra shove through the target, does the contractile force not equal the same as that which builds Bradlee type muscles.

Strength has an importance in bracing shots and working an opponent in boxing but it's role in punching power is limited.

Fact.

But to give you an answer, it's definitely the core muscles, not the peripheries. It's the muscles on the inside lines of the body which are not readily bulging that adduct your limbs to the centreline that help generat/transfer power.
    I disagree. Bradley has crazy abs but is feather fisted. The legs are the most important. Thats where the saying "sit down with your punches" comes from

Comment

Who the hell is that girl in your sig??

That has got to be one of the hottest *****es I've ever seen! lol
      Man I wish I knew. I had it saved in my phone for a long ass time.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
        I disagree. Bradley has crazy abs but is feather fisted. The legs are the most important. Thats where the saying "sit down with your punches" comes from
        Your core muscles are those that are responsible for connecting the power generated from the legs, through to the upperbody and hand.

Bradlee has great abs but that is not exactly what I mean by "core", which to me includes the groin and adductor muscles of the thigh anyhow which produce the torque for the punch.

Massively built legs do not equate to a massive punch.

Look at Wilder for an obvious example of that!

Comment

It's all mechanics. Guys with strong arms in baseball and football aren't necessarily strong, they just know how to coordinate their body to generate maximum torque.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady96 View Post
            Guys like Golovkin, Matthysse and so on aren't exactly big guys but both have crazy knockout power whereas you have guys like Tim Bradley who has abs on his back but isn't known for his punching power. So where exactly does it come from? Core, Legs, Muscles?
            some guy on youtube posted a video asking about this

I think it's a combination of bone density and good punching technique

Comment

I think it's straight natural. You either have it or you don't.

Comment

Who the hell is that girl in your sig??

That has got to be one of the hottest *****es I've ever seen! lol
                Shay Maria

if you ever wanna see who's in a pic, just right click and copy image location

then go to http://images.google.com/ and click the camera icon in the search bar, then paste the URL in your clipboard and hit search

Comment

Your core muscles are those that are responsible for connecting the power generated from the legs, through to the upperbody and hand.

Bradlee has great abs but that is not exactly what I mean by "core", which to me includes the groin and adductor muscles of the thigh anyhow which produce the torque for the punch.

Massively built legs do not equate to a massive punch.

Look at Wilder for an obvious example of that!
                  Its not so much the size of the legs but how much downwards pressure the legs can generate.

And I think Wilder's power is vastly overrated. I think all of his opponents have been stopped at some point in their career and 99% of them were journeymen or tomato cans.

I have no doubt that Wlad would've stopped Stiverne. Thats real power.

Heres a good pic of how ripped his calves are

Comment

You can't train to have the kind of power that Golovkin, Kovalev or Matthyssee have. Those guys were born to fight.

Comment

They all stole their power from paullie and didn't leave him any....

Comment

Working...
                      X