Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duva confirms why other companies can't work with GBP yet. They're in disarray still

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
    Because what a fighter says from there own mouth always hold true.

I'm sure he's the first fighter to say he's not represented by anybody..... in the history of the sport... yup... nobody has ever done that.
    Hopkins has stated numerousus times he's not signed to GBP. Only reason this is news to u is because u clearly dont know wtf Ur talking about. If Hopkins isn't fighting, it's because he doesn't want to or he doesn't have things figure out. U come in here talking about me ignoring what Duva is saying yet Hopkins clearly states he's not signed, has his own team, is taking time to figure things out and he's a liar. Seriously, just give it a rest. U were wrong.r

Comment

So know it's call them directly? Not the people who make the fights? Guess the system gets changed on a day by day basis.
      He is not signed to Goldenboy damn he even said it what more do you want?? i know ya'll love to hype dudes who punch hard and claim everyone is ducking them..but **** Hopkins said he is not signed to them and he has no history of ducking or lying and is a ****ing ATG.. what is with ya'll??

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        Hopkins has stated buneous times he's not signed to GBP. Only reason this is news to u is becauswe u clearly font know wtf Ur talking about. If Hopkins isn't fighting, it's because he doesn't want to or he doesn't have things figure out. U come in here talking about me ignoring what Suva is saying yet Hopkins clearly states he's not sughend, has his own team, is taking time to figure things out and he's a liar. Seriously, just give it a rest. U were wrong.
        So he DOESNT want to fight Kovalev then?

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/kovalev-h...#ixzz36uwZSWbv
        This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Main Events CEO Kathy Duva added, "After reading Bernard's comments to BoxingScene.com, I immediately reached out to all of the parties potentially involved on the Hopkins side to try to make the fight happen. But what I heard from all of them is 'I don't know,' including when I asked who would represent Bernard in negotiations. If Bernard Hopkins truly wants to fight Sergey Kovalev, I know we can make a deal. Like Sergey, we will focus on our preparations for his title fight against Blake Caparello on August 2nd, while Hopkins sorts out his promotional situation."

Comment

Wow so Kovalev's people are trying to get with BHop's people and not one of them even know what's going on???

So much for BHop wanting to fight Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            He is not signed to Goldenboy damn he even said it what more do you want?? i know ya'll love to hype dudes who punch hard and claim everyone is ducking them..but **** Hopkins said he is not signed to them and he has no history of ducking or lying and is a ****ing ATG.. what is with ya'll??
            Yes... because a fighter saying something makes it absolutely true. I guess Donaire was free from TR, Guerrero was never with GBP and Ward doesn't have to be with Goosen anymore... because they said it... therefore it's true.

Explains why GBP is stalling any forms of negotiations... guess that explains why the easy to make Stevenson fight... hasn't been made yet

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post

This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Main Events CEO Kathy Duva added, "After reading Bernard's comments to BoxingScene.com, I immediately reached out to all of the parties potentially involved on the Hopkins side to try to make the fight happen. But what I heard from all of them is 'I don't know,' including when I asked who would represent Bernard in negotiations. If Bernard Hopkins truly wants to fight Sergey Kovalev, I know we can make a deal. Like Sergey, we will focus on our preparations for his title fight against Blake Caparello on August 2nd, while Hopkins sorts out his promotional situation."
              Watch out man... Demsey is a Lawyer with a degree from Everest.... he's got skills

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post

U asking me like I know. What I do know is tgarcif Hopkins wants to fughtz he would fight. Yes done it before when GBP was as strong as ever. And he would do it again. Ppl would know this if they bothered to know who Hopkins is and why he chooses to be independent.

Comment

Watch out man... Demsey is a Lawyer with a degree from Everest.... he's got skills
                  Dude, just admit u were wrong and shut up. U look like an idiot. It's ok, it happens. Follow more boxing. It's never been a secret that Hopkins wasn't signed to GBP. It was easily discoverable. Next time try harder and don't waste my time

Comment

That guy is getting slammed left and right

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                      No actually it shows how ****ed up the owner is...you know the one who wasnt doing **** but snorting coke and cheating on his wife?? why blame the guy who was actually doing the work and handling business...oh cause it fits your agenda right??
                      Um maybe because that's what Richard was hired for??? To help run GBP.

Comment

Working...
                      X