No announcement yet.

Ortiz says he was just retaliating to Floyd's elbows

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ortiz says he was just retaliating to Floyd's elbows

I'm paraphrasing, but below is the vid when Ortiz was at the podium speaking to the media after the fight. Fast forward to 5:30

All the *****s are justifying Wifebeater's classless act due to the fact that Ortiz headbutted him, perhaps on more than one occasion. Well, in that case Ortiz had every right to headbutt due to the fact that Wifebeater started with the elbows since round 1. Fair is fair, I guess.

There is no video evidence to support what Victor said. Floyd only uses his elbow as a shield to block overhand rights and to distance himself from his opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Race&Boxing View Post
      There is no video evidence to support what Victor said. Floyd only uses his elbow as a shield to block overhand rights and to distance himself from his opponent.
      Naw man, he was tossin them elbows every time he was backed into the ropes.

Comment

Join me as i petition to get this result overturned by the WBC.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
          Naw man, he was tossin them elbows every time he was backed into the ropes.
          not only that he is ****ing holding his arm everytime he gets in or gets hit, he's been doing that for years.surprised absolutely no ref has taken a point from him

Comment

video replay says otherwise

homie jumped in like a phucking dolphin and headbutted a chin instead of a head LOL

i think ortiz camp wanted to do a couple of dirty things just cause they knew mayweather was going to. they did too much though. and way too obvious. that or that fixed theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Race&Boxing View Post
              Dude, using the forearm/elbow as a bar is fine I guess(even then, I don't think it's legal to put your elbow on the opponents neck), but, that b*tch @ss was literally striking with it. He may not have actually landed an elbow strike, but the act of striking with the elbow is illegal period.

just take a look at this video of Wifebeater's elbows through the years. Some refs have even warned him of it.

Comment

Originally posted by badass ortiz View Post
                Join me as i petition to get this result overturned by the WBC.
                lol ortiz had enough after the 3rd round that's the truth he quit..he didn't get up even tho he could..a mexican warrior would get up..JMM is a true warrior ortiz is a little b1tch..now he want a rematch (more easy money)..his fans shouldn't be supporting him.

Comment

Show the video evidence in slow motion, I'll wait. This elbow theory is just a way to UN-justify the justified attack on Victor Ortiz by Mayweather.

Comment

I didn't see Floyd use his elbow in this fight. But the reason why Floyd didn't use it was because Ortiz is a southpaw and Floyd couldn't use it. Team Ortiz know that Floyd is a dirty fighter and they were on a mission...lean Ortiz head into Floyd face every chance they get. What Ortiz did was very uncalled for though.

Comment

Working...
                    X