No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson: "I'm very comfortable @ 172 lbs to fight Lucian Bute"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by street bully View Post
    Nah, Hopkins was fighting at an altitude he had a few hours to get usd to infront of armed military guards, **** happens.
    Yeah, I remember the altitude was the main thing.

Didn't he also have him about out of there in the last round?

How does someone fighting at altitude strike up the ability to knock someone out in the last round? Impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      He looked a lot better to me at cruiser than he did at 175.

Yes he is. Further he took the worst beating in his life by Hopkins in the only meaningful fight prior.

And if he wasn't shot for the first fight he was a VERY FADED and deteriorated version of his former self.

Oh **** did I say Glen Johnson was a shot fighter? Nope. I said he beat Dawson the first fight (imo)* and Dawson's win over him the second time was a great win, even if it was a 40 year old Johnson.

You can go back and re-read that part if you have to.

*I'm not going to post a damn scorecard as that fight was debated to death after it already happened. You can pull up all the old threads and see there were a ****load of people who thought Johnson won. Either way it was a close fight no matter who you had winning and Dawson was clearly hurt multiple times.

hehe not sure about all that you're getting way ahead of yourself. Dawson has great potential but it's way to early to even mention All Time Great.

The low ball offer by hopkins was the first attempt. They actually ended up agreeing to a 60/40 split in hopkins favor but the problem was this was torwards the end of the year and HBO was refusing to release it's 2009 (or 2010?) budget for boxing, as they were taking some big budget cuts. Rather than wait to see if HBO would approve the fight, Adamek fought Golota in Poland for some seriously good money, no fault there on his part and I certainly don't blame him for it.
      adamek looked better at cruiser to you because he wasn't fighting dawson. apart from the dawson loss at lightheavyweight adamek looked better at lightheavyweight. people that haven't actually followed adamek don't even know that he was running through fighters at lightheavyweight (knocking out everyone) he went against dawson and just got outboxed by a great dawson.

Comment

He looked a lot better to me at cruiser than he did at 175.

Yes he is. Further he took the worst beating in his life by Hopkins in the only meaningful fight prior.

And if he wasn't shot for the first fight he was a VERY FADED and deteriorated version of his former self.

hehe not sure about all that you're getting way ahead of yourself. Dawson has great potential but it's way to early to even mention All Time Great.

The low ball offer by hopkins was the first attempt. They actually ended up agreeing to a 60/40 split in hopkins favor but the problem was this was torwards the end of the year and HBO was refusing to release it's 2010 budget for boxing, as they were taking some big budget cuts. Rather than wait to see if HBO would approve the fight, Adamek fought Golota in Poland for some seriously good money, no fault there on his part and I certainly don't blame him for it.
        Adamek only got a chance to prove himself at 175 against Dawson, that's too much to ask for IMO. Briggs type fighters will always give a good showing against Adamek. Look at the Arreola fight.

If Tarver was shot, then what does that say about Cloud when beat the **** out of Woods worse than him? Dawson's just all wrong for any version of Tarver.

I've never predicted ATG status onto any boxer, but I'm sure Dawson won't make me look bad in stating it.

I remember the Hopkins-Adamek situation. He came back to the negotiation table after he realized that there wasn't much out there for him, unless he wanted to face Dawson. It was too little, too late by that time.
        Originally posted by street bully View Post
        beating Pascal who is no mor eproven than Segundo mercado, actually less prooven is no HOF accomplishment. Butes best win is Andrate nuff said. Dawson has a long way to go.
        Pascal has beaten Diaconu 2x, has a close loss in an FOTY candidate to underrated Froch (he will beat Abraham... then what?) and has a meaningless title at 175, except for the Draw against B-Hop, that's better than anything Mercado has ever done in an entire career. Pascal is still in his 20s and prime with a lot left in the tank to accomplish.

Harding, Adamek, G. Johnson 2x, Tarver 2x, Pascal, and undefeated Bute/Cloud will make Dawson a HoFer in the eyes of the boxing writers that have a vote.

Comment

Vintage Queloque smackdown.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            That's not really the truth. Dawson vacated his WBC title rather than face the young mandatory Diaconu after his promotor lost the purse bid. Similarly he vacated the IBF belt rather than facing the young mandatory Cloud.

You can say that vacating the belts made economic sense, but sporting wise it was dissapointing.
            fighting Diaconu would be going backwards, Adrian Diaconu is not even known in the US so how does that benefit Dawson by fighting him? and that is no disrespect to Diaconu but come on

sure from a fans standpoint fighting Cloud next if he beats Pascal is what some people wants to see...BUT it is absolutely nothing Wrong with going for the bigger Money and fighting Lucian Bute, fans become to selfish sometimes and it becomes all about what they want and they forget that these guys still have to make a living and in such a violent sport you cannot afford to past on big money fights just to take fights that SOME fans want to see

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              That's not really the truth. Dawson vacated his WBC title rather than face the young mandatory Diaconu after his promotor lost the purse bid. Similarly he vacated the IBF belt rather than facing the young mandatory Cloud.

You can say that vacating the belts made economic sense, but sporting wise it was dissapointing.
              Why are you in the Dawson group if all I've ever seen you do is mention him ducking a fighter that pulled out of a fight less then 2 weeks before their scheduled fight?

You know where that KO win he has over Mendoza is? That's supposed to be a win over the fragile, only 3 fights in 3 years Diaconu.

I already stated that Cloud declined a shot at a very good offer from Dawson and HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post

If Tarver was shot, then what does that say about Cloud when beat the **** out of Woods worse than him? Dawson's just all wrong for any version of Tarver.
                That triangle **** doesn't work. Styles make fights. Like I said, if Tarver wasn't shot he was a very faded version of himself. That is not debatable.

I remember the Hopkins-Adamek situation. He came back to the negotiation table after he realized that there wasn't much out there for him, unless he wanted to face Dawson. It was too little, too late by that time.
                I followed that **** very closely. It wasn't "too little too late" like I said, they agreed to 60/40. The problem was HBO. They could not approve the fight and adamak wasn't going to sit around for 2-3 months waiting for approval when he had Golota in Poland for guaranteed money.

Comment

That triangle **** doesn't work. Styles make fights. Like I said, if Tarver wasn't shot he was a very faded version of himself. That is not debatable.

I followed that **** very closely. It wasn't "too little too late" like I said, they agreed to 60/40. The problem was HBO. They could not approve the fight and adamak wasn't going to sit around for 2-3 months waiting for approval when he had Golota in Poland for guaranteed money.
                  That is debatable though.

Dawson made him look like that, just like Mayweather made Mosley look like he did, just like Calzaghe made Hopkins look his age (whether you thought he won or not) and had people believing he was done before the Pavlik fight. That's what great fighters do, just giving you a dose of the real.

Dawson's boxing ability combined with the fact that Tarver's never been fond of southpaws made him look like that.

I followed the Hopkins-Adamek situation closely too. Dan Rafael detailed the situation thoroughly and it was after months had past that Hopkins came back to the table. When had settled on what they did, Adamek chose what he chose, but this was months after Hopkins made his offer.

Comment

Good bigger guy thumps good smaller guy here. Bad Chad by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                      Why are you in the Dawson group if all I've ever seen you do is mention him ducking a fighter that pulled out of a fight less then 2 weeks before their scheduled fight?

You know where that KO win he has over Mendoza is? That's supposed to be a win over the fragile, only 3 fights in 3 years Diaconu.

I already stated that Cloud declined a shot at a very good offer from Dawson and HBO.
                      I just stated the facts. I also said that there was economic reasons for Dawson to avoid Diaconu. Sportingwise it sucked but businesswise it made sense.

Oh and I like Dawson. Excellent fighter and very nice and intelligent outside the ring as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X