Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good is gamboas current trainer? Do you think he is training Gamboa great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good is gamboas current trainer? Do you think he is training Gamboa great?

Or could he do better with someone like Roach? I don't know who Gamboas trainer is but I believe Gamboas defense has been looking pretty good lately. So, I think I have to give his trainer mad props for shaping Gamboa up.
    Gamboas trainer is fine, Gamboa is looking great
    88.89%
    Gamboa is only looking good
    0.00%
    Gamboa is only looking avrg
    11.11%
    Gamboa should have Roach as a trainer
    0.00%

The following information was taken from HBO Boxing fighters' bios:

"Yuriorkis is trained by Ismael Salas. He was hired as Yuriorkis' head trainer before the Al Seeger fight in July, 2008. Salas has an impressive and interesting background of his own. He said, 'In Cuba, I was the head coach of the Guantanamo team, and from time to time I worked with the Cuban National team. Most of the fighters on the Cuban National team at that time were from Guantanamo, so I've been there many times. But my official job in Cuba was with the Guantanamo team. I was the head coach there for almost 15 years—1989 was my last year in Cuba.

'The best fighter I worked with was Felix Savon, the Olympic champion, but we have so many good fighters. At that time, I have Candelario Duvergel, I have Joel Casamayor, I have Rogelio Marcelo. Many good fighters came from my team. We have many National champions, South American champions, Pan American champions, World champions, Junior World champions, and Olympic champions. But what happened is, in 1984 and 1988 the Cuban team didn't go to the Olympics and many of my fighters were in that period, so I didn't have more Olympic champions at that time from Cuba.

'Gamboa is a special one. I tell you what—in boxing, you have some with a very good style who can move, who can punch, but sometimes they don't have the hard punch. Sometimes you can find hard puncher, but no good style. Gamboa is a combination of the good style and the hard punch. Gamboa is a real special one—he is one of the best I've trained.'"

I haven't yet seen the fight against Whyber Garcia but, by all accounts, Gamboa's defense has improved. By the way, Salas also trained Gamboa's father, who was also a boxer in Cuba.

Comment

He looked much better last night against Garcia. Roach could bring other things to the table, but Gamboa is comfortable with his trainer and I think that's all he cares about.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        I haven't yet seen the fight against Whyber Garcia but, by all accounts, Gamboa's defense has improved. By the way, Salas also trained Gamboa's father, who was also a boxer in Cuba.
        Was Gamboas father any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy Krueger View Post
          Was Gamboas father any good?
          According to Yuriorkis, his father, Carlos, was on the Cuban team. I don't know if he was any good, but he certainly wasn't a big name on the team.

Comment

so Yuriorkis gamboa called out juanmna lopez???

ACCEPT or DECLINE

Sounds like a goood match waiting to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Duce84 View Post
              so Yuriorkis gamboa called out juanmna lopez???

ACCEPT or DECLINE

Sounds like a goood match waiting to happen.
              Juanma did not accept, he ran scared. He rather fight someone like cab, both cab and lopez have struggled against journeymen. Gamboa destroys journeymen for breakfast! Gamboa too fast, strong, defense, too smart.

Comment

That trainer also improve DANNY GREEN.

Comment

Working...
                X