Collapse
No announcement yet.

K9's contract with GB specifically states that he won't face Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like sound management from Steward. K9 is an older dude with no draw and limited shelf life. If his guy can get him away from guys who would beat him (easy for that matter) for not much coin, that's his job. K9 is just a guy with a belt looking to cash in. His metrics are different than younger guys who can sell tickets.

Does anyone really want to watch something this foregone anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
      Yeah,Lara can go the route vanes is going.
      He seems to have pussed out a bunch on his own though.

Comment

Wow...so basically Steward doesn't have faith in K9...its obvious GBP has no plans on making Lara a star, which is short sighted with as many Cuban fight fans that keep an eye on him...just the story of how far he went to defect is a better story to hear than the Ortiz story they keep shoving every few months...

Steward needs a muzzle...he just made K9 look ******* tissue if he was aware of that in his contract...

If it was something along the lines of 'no more final elminators' then thats fine...but naming an opponent by name that you refuse to fight? that is pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryDayDrew View Post
          Wow...so basically Steward doesn't have faith in K9...its obvious GBP has no plans on making Lara a star, which is short sighted with as many Cuban fight fans that keep an eye on him...just the story of how far he went to defect is a better story to hear than the Ortiz story they keep shoving every few months...

Steward needs a muzzle...he just made K9 look ******* tissue if he was aware of that in his contract...

If it was something along the lines of 'no more final elminators' then thats fine...but naming an opponent by name that you refuse to fight? that is pathetic.
          Of course he doesn't. K9 is LIMITED as hell. He got the right draw to win a belt and good on him but he is the ultimate example of a belt as a market tool versus representing any sort of champion.

Comment

I apologize for being so late on this but K9 isnt with Don King anymore and if so when did he break free?

Comment

In alot of threads on here other champions are shatted on for avoiding and getting their belts the easy route...but for K9...who makes Kimbo Slice look like Sweetpea...its fine?

I don't care how old K9 is...no one is saying hes too old for Canelo...but hes too old for Lara or any other challenger? He takes tests and exams to keep his boxing license...so he's fair game.

Comment

I'm into boxing...if I cared about marketing and advantages in business, I'd take a class.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryDayDrew View Post
                  I'm into boxing...if I cared about marketing and advantages in business, I'd take a class.
                  I understand the sentiment but trying to cash out a fighter who no one cares about doesn't bug me. They'll match him tough when the opp arises. Again, does anyone lose sleep over a fight like K9-Lara? Some of the guys who get shredded make top dollar to fight patsies. That's a different scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Sorry bro. I cannot consider Rigo-Donaire the same as this. Donaire is not protected like ginger is. Plus what would K-9 have to do with Lara fighting ginger??
                    Well, let's say Lara beat K9 who they were talking about Canelo unifying with (which they didn't cause they found a much easier fight, Mayorga). Now, Lara has a belt but Canelo is not willing to unify with him?

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      Donaire is not protected like ginger is.
                      Not as protected but IMO he's getting there (maybe Im exagerating a little bit) but look at his opposition as of late...

Comment

Working...
                      X