Collapse
No announcement yet.

How popular is BOXING? Most forums aren't booming with activity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MMA doesn't seem to be doing so hot either.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      I haven't really been on here for several years, and I've been following boxing on and off, but just recently got back to it hardcore but no one around me seems to care about boxing

I visit other boxing forums and Boxing Scene is the most active, but even when it is active it's still slow compared to other sport oriented websites.

The internet is used a lot by the youth, yet boxing doesn't seem to have the youth market behind it like other sports and the traffic only seems to ****e when a fight is on. After that the traffic dies down.

I can visit Tennis, MMA, NBA, MLB, NFL, forums and they all have more activity than most boxing forums.

Internet should make it easier for boxing fans to gain more info, yet the younger generation doesn't seem to care about it. Should they market boxing with punk music, and hip hop, and other trendy things to get the interested of the mainstream and teens?
      honestly boxing blows with all the duck weathers involved. Im waiting for a 47 year old to take the best available comp and thats it. bhop might be the last real fighter left. guys half his age wont do it.

Comment

It's a niche sport, where you have to pay to watch the best fighters. There is little promotion or exposure to non-existing fans, though 24/7 has helped improve this. If the sport didn't have the great history behind it, it's doubtful whether it would be considered a top sport today

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
          Why haven't boxing been able to build up that "NEXT BIG THING" or create a buzz for that next big thing in boxing, even with them trying to HYPE Canelo...only boxing fans know Canelo, if you don't follow boxing you have no clue who he is
          That's true in america but Canelo is all over mexican TV. People who don't follow boxing over there know who he is.

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          james toney got $750000 to fight couture while randy got $250000 purse & $200000 win bonus...to think people laughed at toney.LOL! he was the only one laughing all the way to the bank!
          Yeah he got paid more money than the two main event fighters combined. Crazy.

Comment

The fans are to busy watching the fights ....dont got time to be on forums

Comment

Originally posted by JPRINCEOFBOXING View Post
              The fans are to busy watching the fights ....dont got time to be on forums
              That just shows how old the boxing fan base many of them don't even know how to use computers

Comment

Wasn't boxing the number 1 searched sport on the internet. This guy obviously doesn't know **** about what he's talking about. It's so obvious that he likes MMA, a sport that is showing very little growth the last few years and actually has declined. Do some actual research before you come in here and base something on your little forum searches.

Comment

PPV is killing boxing. All those old Muhammad Ali fights were on regular TV, anyone could watch them. The cable came out and all the big fights in the 80's were on cable. Not everyone has cable. I first got into boxing when I saw Mike Tyson fighting on ABC wide world of sports on public TV. We didn't have cable back then. If it wasn't for seeing him on public TV, I never would have had the chance to know who he was, at least not early on.

Comment

The slow but steady Pussification of the North American Public will cause most contact sports to dwindle into nothing over time. Enjoy what is left of the sport for now as in 10-15 years it might be gone.

Comment

Working...
                    X