Still waiting on those answers.
    Must be hard to see when your blind.. night.. bub

Comment

• [QUOTE=Manboyeatme;10146257]
      Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Must be hard to see when your blind.. night.. bub
      Still waiting on those answers.

Comment

• I kind of missed the advocates for newer athletes points. Talks of broken records, and claiming in-line demographics, followed by an interesting back and forth suggesting evidence for athletic ability. I like hold guys because they still hold a record. 49-0 still standing. Longest championship still standing, Most KO's still standing, Most wins still standing. Simply put these are the records I give a **** about, and no one today is even ****ing close.

Evidence suggesting superior athletic ability? Back to the records for me. Jack Burke and Andy Bowen 1893 went 110 rounds thats 7 hours 20 mins. How do you pace for that?

I was born 9-9-86.....have no buisiness liking boxing from the 50's according to the old people like old **** theory. However, if you take into consideration the things I think of as impressive you can see there is only one era for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
          I like hold guys because they still hold a record. 49-0 still standing. Longest championship still standing, Most KO's still standing, Most wins still standing. Simply put these are the records I give a **** about, and no one today is even ****ing close.
          Yeah.

Records are all about talent and they have nothing to do with the talent of the competition. Who gives a **ck who you have fought if you have a 46-0 record, like Valuev once had. **ck yeah!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hard Boiled View Post
            Why is it if you make a thread along the lines off : Retired Boxer -V- Active Boxer, The vast majority will always pick the retired boxer to beat the active boxer?

For instance in Ali days, People said Marciano -V- Ali, Marciano would win they even made a computer simulation. If you make a thread about any retired boxer -V- an active boxer the majority will always pick the retired boxer no matter what.

I think its a false notion that retired boxers were somehow better than current active boxers because they went 15 rounds instead of 12 baring in mind they did not have the kind of strength and conditioning then that they did now.
            Maybe its because active fighters are more vunerable and people do not want to commit there opinion to the active boxer incase they eventually get exposed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kulle View Post
              Yeah.

Records are all about talent and they have nothing to do with the talent of the competition. Who gives a **ck who you have fought if you have a 46-0 record, like Valuev once had. **ck yeah!
              Fine criticism, but the names of the losers are on that record too. I'm obviously happy with the level of competition given all the records I listed were set by boxers actively fighting each other. if Valuev was able to go 49-0 and with in those 49 wins he held victories over the past champ (walcott), the champ before him(charles), the champ before him (savold), and the champ before him who happens to hold a standing record for being champion longest in history(luis), the British champ(cockell), the present LHW champ and record holder for knockouts(moore), and highly ranked contenders (LaStarza, Mathews, Layne etc) then he'd have a pretty kick ass record and I'd be a fanboy of his.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

So argue against my previous post.I'll be happy to tear down ANY argument ANYBODY can come up against it. There are many more factors that need to be considered.Only the blind or close minded will refuse to accept them.
                Absolutely.

So why even bother, bro?

Comment

• Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  That is what you believe but Pacquiao Roy Jones and Hopkins are, and have fought bigger stronger faster and better conditioned athletes then Ray Robinson or Bob Fitzsimmons could ever have dreamed of fighting. Boxing fans don't accept this while baseball basketball hockey football etc fans do. As I said its is probable because of the weight classes make less obvious to the naked eye.
                  Or, possibly, in the game of promotion the newest has to be the best because that's what your selling. Maybe it's because you can only sell tickets to today's events. Maybe you've been sucked into a marketing engine.

http://baseballsgreatest.blogspot.com/

http://www.football-history.net/best-players.htm

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/winter...ory?id=1340012

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Grea...in_NBA_History

Because it seems like if you put a search in google for an ATG list you'll get plenty of old ****ers regardless of the sport.

So promotional tool or inarguable fact?

Comment

Working...
                  X