Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Mayweather ever faced someone with footwork and movement as good as Pac's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
    Spare me the boxing lecture. I know this aint no weight lifting contest. I am a boxing fan and been for a long time. You want to act like some stuff is normal when its not.Ok.
    If it was normal all this talk would not even exist and Pac would be top 200 boxers. I seen his progression and understand what he got better at.
    =

"Look man I dont know what Im talking about so spare me, Ive equaled this to a weight lifting contest which makes zero sense. Ive been watching boxing for along time and I still dont know much about anything. Ok . Im convinced he's on steroids and I have nothign else to offer, so there's nothing you can do to convince me otherwise."
    Last edited by shogunn; 12-29-2010, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
      Since you like copying Mayweather's let me give you one of their famous quotes.

YOu don't know **** about boxing. If you did, you'd know that Pacquiao has plenty of skill and isn't all brute strength. He isn't exactly a Arturo Gatti on Steroids.

He has tricky footwork, he gets in, throws his combination and SIDE-STEPS HIS OPPONENT before they can retaliate. This particularly works against stationary fighters like Clottey and Margarito.

Which is another thing most of you Pacquiao critics like to get into, criticizing his opposition. Which one is it, his quality of opposition or his Extra-ordinary abilities.....pick one and stick with it.
      over rated quality of opposition

Comment

People are overhyping Pacquiao's footwork, it is easy to focus on that element of your game when you're in the ring with opponents who essentially plod foward. As they essentially allow you to do what you want.

When you're fighting someone who also focuses on footwork it is harder to look impressive as you have to think about what you're doing more. If it is not a primary aspect of your game there is a tendency to abandon it as it would cause you to lose focus on your stronger areas.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          People are overhyping Pacquiao's footwork, it is easy to focus on that element of your game when you're in the ring with opponents who essentially plod foward. As they essentially allow you to do what you want.

When you're fighting someone who also focuses on footwork it is harder to look impressive as you have to think about what you're doing more. If it is not a primary aspect of your game there is a tendency to abandon it as it would cause you to lose focus on your stronger areas.
          Best post in this thread. Instead we have grown azz men talking about other peoples balls.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post

Then why hasn't anyone else been doing the same thing to these same plodding forward opponents?

You have to admit, Pac's footwork is what makes him able to deal with these much bigger fighters, if you can't see that then....

Comment

Styles makes fight. I fighter great footwork and movement will demonstrate it against all comers. how come Pac could not demonstrate it in JMM I and II.

Additionally where was Pacs great footwork and movement in the second half of the Cotto fight, when Cotto was running and Pac was getting fustrated becuase he could not catch up with Cotto.

Pacfans please explain this for me.

Comment

Originally posted by abujafar View Post
                Styles makes fight. I fighter great footwork and movement will demonstrate it against all comers. how come Pac could not demonstrate it in JMM I and II.

Additionally where was Pacs great footwork and movement in the second half of the Cotto fight, when Cotto was running and Pac was getting fustrated becuase he could not catch up with Cotto.

Pacfans please explain this for me.
                If you read the post above yours i stated why we didn't see it in the jmm fights. Pac wasn't getting frustrated coz of cotto's movement, he was getting frustrated that he was running instead of fighting. Pac cut off the ring and hunted cotto down for the second half of that fight. He taunted cotto to make him fight instead of playing the running game and cotto took up the offer.

Comment

Originally posted by mesher View Post
                  Then why hasn't anyone else been doing the same thing to these same plodding forward opponents?

You have to admit, Pac's footwork is what makes him able to deal with these much bigger fighters, if you can't see that then....
                  Because Bob Arum isn't willing to let the shot versions of Cotto, Margarito and Clottey fight against top opponents out of Top Rank to expose this myth.

Martinez and Berto both want a piece of Cotto but Arum aint letting it happen.

Comment

If you read the post above yours i stated why we didn't see it in the jmm fights. Pac wasn't getting frustrated coz of cotto's movement, he was getting frustrated that he was running instead of fighting. Pac cut off the ring and hunted cotto down for the second half of that fight. He taunted cotto to make him fight instead of playing the running game and cotto took up the offer.
                    I read your quote above and I did not see you state why I didn't see his great footwork in the JMM fights. I respectfully disagree about the Cotto Fight. The ref stopped the fight because Bayless got fustrated with Cotto running(I think). However, The reason Cotto lasted to the 12th round is because Manny could not catch up to him to finish him.

Manny is a very powerful puncher. If he was consistently taking punishment in the second half of the fight then it would have been a KO or a more valid stoppage. The KO or valid stoppage did not happen because Manny could not cut off the ring on Cotto.

BTW I agree with the stoppage because it was clear Cotto was no longer willing to fight and I think that's why Bayless stopped it(IMHO).

Comment

To be honest, we didn't see Pac bring his increased lateral movement into his game until after the second Marquez fight. You could see in that fight he was still learning. The Diaz fight onward Pac continued to get better at using side to side movements and adapting his footwork to that style. The DLH fight was the first time we saw the current version of Pac's fighting style and he has only refined his style since then.
                      I can understand if that was his 10th pro fight or something, but that was his 50-51st pro fight. What exactly was he still learning?

Comment

Working...
                      X