No announcement yet.

FLOYD MAYWEATHER has last laugh on drug testing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLOYD MAYWEATHER has last laugh on drug testing

Floyd Mayweather might have last laugh about Manny Pacquiao's testing stance

April 13, 8:52 PMPittsburgh Fight Sports ExaminerScott Heritage

During the negotiations between Mayweather and Pacquiao the public support was overwhelmingly in favor of Pacquiao and his stance of not allowing random testing at any time before the fight.

Surprisingly though, although the testing has turned out to be more invasive than was previously assumed. Having seen the tests, many people are now wondering what all the dispute was about in the first place.

Some are even asking whether it is time for Pacquiao to give in to the blood testing demands once and for all just to end the whole matter.

Check out dSource's article asking that very question: 'To bleed or not to bleed- that is the question': Should Pacquiao relent on Money's blood demands?

If either public opinion turns against Pacquiao, or the extra testing for big fights becomes the standard, he might not have any choice other than to change his stance.

There are always fighters out there who will accept a fight with Pacquiao without the testing, but if most other fights adopt the testing and he doesn't follow suit then many will suspect something is amiss.

That something may be no more than Pacquiao's own pride, but to an outsider observer appears more like an admission of guilt.

If that happens then Floyd Mayweather will have had the last laugh, even if the pair never end up fighting each other. Also from a historic point of view Pacquiao's reputation might be permanently soiled if he is the only major fighter not following suit.

With Shane Mosley's announcement that he supported Mayweather's testing campaign and thinks it should be adopted for all major fights, it seems the idea is finally gaining momentum. Mayweather was perhaps short sighted in only insisting on the tests for his own fights rather than trying to get the promoters or athletic commissions on board.

Now however Mosley appears to be on board, and a similar story from the heavyweight division has emerged as well.

A lot of this will depends on how quickly, if at all the new testing is adopted by the various promoters, champions and perhaps even sanctioning bodies or athletic commissions.

If after Shane Mosley and Floyd Mayweather face off both continue with their current testing regimes in other fights, then it might take off quickly. Especially if one or both of them wins more of the titles in the near future and forces all of their mandatory opponents to adhere to the USADA rules.

Manvel, Pittsburgh: "Pacquiao will never agree to Mayweathers demands purely on principal. If another fighter asked for more testing than usual though I think he might be more receptive to it. Plus it would be the perfect way to spite Mayweather anc co calling him a cheater and a drug user"

Andy Sommers, Pittsburgh: "Pacquiao's legacy is in Mayweathers hands. If Floyd can get his testing thing off the ground and Manny still refuses, then he will always be suspected."

No man, it's only the "*****s" who share this line of thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Barca View Post
      Like Dennis dSource Guillermo...right?

Comment

Originally posted by And Still View Post
        [SIZE="5"]

Andy Sommers, Pittsburgh: "Pacquiao's legacy is in Mayweathers hands. If Floyd can get his testing thing off the ground and Manny still refuses, then he will always be suspected."
        suspected by who mayweather fans?

Pacquiao's legacy is cemented there is nothing that can take that away at this point i don't think he will ever take the USDA tests so we will never know if he's juicing or not but as he has NEVER failed a test before we can only assume that he's clean thats my thinking anyway

im a mayweather fan but i think im gonna root for mosley because if he wins at least we get a pacquiao v shane fight which would be a FOTY candidate

mayweather is boring the crap out of me with this whole drug testing **** i think it's completely unnecessary and he's never going to fight pacquiao it seems without the USDA and i know manny won't back down now either so we have a stalemate

people on this board have said it many times WHY DIDN'T HE ASK ALL HIS OTHER OPPONENTS TO TAKE OLYMPIC STYLE DRUG TESTING

and im not buying that crap about cleaning up the sport sorry

if he beats mosley mayweather needs to fight pacquiao with or without USDA drug tests this **** is just getting lame

Comment

start with mosley floyd undercards.. no OST so this is just bullshiet!!

Comment

Bert Sugar, Larry Merchant, Al Bernstein and a lot more disagrees with the *****s

Comment

These people just don't get it. But lemme set this straight. YOU PEOPLE COULD SUSPECT HIM OF USING PEDS ALL YOU WANT BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS PAC DOESN'T GIVE A ****.

Think about it, *****s/Pac haters. Remember that he was all around the country promoting his fight with Clottey and never gave any indication of giving in to Mayweather's demands in spite of the accusations and personal attacks lobbed against him. All the more so when he is now in his own country. How stupid can you people get? He simply doesn't give a ****. Neither the rest of the world. His last fight came and went and not one press release mentioned him using peds in that fight. Not one.

Pac is very much aware of the negative comments about him. Again, he simply doesn't give a ****. A week after his fight with Clottey, he stated that he will only abide by NASC rules. "I don't need him (FM), they need me." Just recently he stated the same thing.

So you *****s can keep on yapping about anti-Pac **** all you like, he doesn't give a ****.

I suspect that Pac will only set foot in the US when everything is all ready and signed down to the last detail. Again, he will never give in to Floyd's demands. He will abide by NASC rules. Who in his right mind would go through that terrible bs negotiations again?

Personally, I gave up with this fight. Mayweather himself already stated that he only fights once a year and that he is giving Mosley a rematch. That means fans have to wait for two years to see this fight.

Comment

Do you know why Shane is agreeing LOL. Shane couldn't even speak, all can do was just shake his head...yes, maybe, no

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Barca View Post
                  no its not just mayweather fans that feel that way, im not a mayweather fan (but i respect his skill in the ring) and i find myself defending him here lately quite a bit. i dont see how this testing is bad for the sport and i dont understand how anybody could say that it is. as far as pacquiao and the steroids, i never took the allegations seriously at all when the mayweathers said it but the way pacquiao has avoided the tests at all costs and the reasons for avoiding the tests also keep changing, thats what made me wonder whats going on. for the people supporting pacquiao not taking the tests, would you feel the same way if it were pacquiao requesting blood tests and mayweather was refusing?

Comment

how is pac's legacy in mayweathers hands?

pac could retire right now and his legacy would be cemented.

Comment

Working...
                    X