Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok just watched the Joshua-Whyte fight..why are people overreacting to rd 2?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Dropped him, didn't stop him.

I think Whyte is a lot more fluid than Chisora, not as plodding and obviously hits harder.

Chisora at this stage will probably be an easier fight for Joshua but still a decent test for where he is in his career.
    If Whyte trained like a man possessed , was 20 lbs lighter and ripped he would be a dangerous fighter for the top guys , HWs are lazy trainers and dont put the handbrake on their diet they all try to play the power game , for me I dont think any world class fighter should be fat if he is there is lots of room for improvement .

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      Joshua's legs did not dip,nor did he wobble..hell if Paulie didnt say anything i would not have even noticed it at all...Now Whyte was the one doing the Bambi impression at the end of the fight
      NSB logic, glass jaw, flawed performance. Lol

To me, this was one hell of a fight and Joshua adjusted his game really good.

Comment

I think the stamina issue is getting overblown. That was a proper fight, especially the first few rounds. They really went at each other and threw a lot of hard shots. If you consider some of the sparring sessions that we've seen at Heavyweight over the last decade and seen those guys getting tired (disgraceful), this was like Gatti/Ward in comparison between two big, but still young guys.

I'm not surprised that AJ slowed down as the pace was very fast from the start, but it also looked like he was getting his second wind when he stopped DW.

He'd be wise not to overtrain the weights obviously, but sadly I think that train has already left.

Comment

Working...
        X