Roy Jones Jr. On Highly Questionable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really enjoyed that

Comment

Lebatard is the man. All his interviews are like that, he brings more to a interview than others in ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        Didn't know Roy was a country boy who grew up feeding pigs and cows.
        That's where his whole rooster thing came from.

I'd read all that stuff before but it was weird hearing it directly from Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
          i dont know if it's true, but i remember somewhere it being said that roy would bob and weave barbed wires instead of ropes, and during jogs anytime he slowed down his father would whip his ankles, another where his father would tie one of roy's hands behind his back and make him fight much bigger and older kids and tell them to take try and take his head off
          Now you know why Roy would put his hands or one hand behind his back

Comment

Roy jr >>>>floyd jr

Comment

That was deep, damn.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
                  Lebatard is the man. All his interviews are like that, he brings more to a interview than others in ESPN.
                  Yep, Lebatard is a very smart guy, he and Rome are two of the best interviewers in the biz. Roy Jones' father created a hard, hard man. Threatened his own dad's life, and I bet big Roy believed him. BTW Roy didn't try for KO's later in his career because he had real bad hand problems. His b-ball coach said Roy could barely even dribble a ball sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
                    He's pushy and gets personal which can make good interviews but he's a phaggot

Comment

Roy Jones Jr: The Sweet Science Documentary

This is the documentary that was made when Jones was P4P King moving up to HW to face John Ruiz. Jones trained too hard to bulk up with Mackie Shilstone. The same trainer that helped bulk up Michael Spinks to fight at HW.

•Jones was getting smashed by his HW sparring partner when he first started sparring.
                      •Jones was really 200lbs at the initial weigh-in but the Dr. Messed up and weighed him in at 193. Come fight night RJJ was 199lbs when he was re-weighed.
                      •RJJ being the first man in 100 years to win titles from MW to HW.
                      RJJ speaking about his Dad beating him and saying how he didn't have a childhood.
                      •Ron Borges prediction was so off man lol.
                      •He made history but he also ruined himself moving back down in weight in that short time frame at that age.

Comment

Working...
                      X