Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward won Gold at 178 then moved down to 160!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raskat View Post
    you werent directing that comment at me, but: I dont have to make an excuse. Because I am not a Chad Dawson fan and not an Andre Ward fan. I m not even black, so why would I say that Dawson was dead at the weight if I dont give a f+ck about both fighters,meaning I dont like or dislike any of them?
    its almost impossible for me to believe Ward can knock out so easily the best LW in the world even though Ward was NOT able AT ALL to knock down the best 168 pounders in the world. makes only sense if Dawson was totally dead at the weight and that was what it looked like when watching the fight
    What you fail to realize is styles make fights, and because of Dres skill level he was able to KO Dawson. Dawson doesn't have a granite chin and was caught with two flush hooks that took his legs early, and also was worn down late from Dres body work and in fighting. It really was classic text book stuff, if you know what your looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesv3 View Post
      Most fighters box pro at a lighter weight than amatuer due to amateurs having to be at the weight all season plus weigh in on the night unlike the pros were they rehydrate . I bet ward weighed at least 175 on the night . Ward would of won regardless if it was at sm or lh but the weight loss wouldn't of helped Dawson
      exactly that's all I'm saying. The weight did not decide the outcome of the fight like the people who picked chad would have you believe

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
        you werent directing that comment at me, but: I dont have to make an excuse. Because I am not a Chad Dawson fan and not an Andre Ward fan. I m not even black, so why would I say that Dawson was dead at the weight if I dont give a f+ck about both fighters,meaning I dont like or dislike any of them?
        its almost impossible for me to believe Ward can knock out so easily the best LW in the world even though Ward was NOT able AT ALL to knock down the best 168 pounders in the world. makes only sense if Dawson was totally dead at the weight and that was what it looked like when watching the fight
        What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Comment

So many haters. Ward = #2 p4p, pathetic excuses notwithstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            Amateurs will fight closer to their natural weight because they have to fight often and need to have energy, they are not allowed to DRAIN and than rehydrate 20 pounds that would be extremely dangerous doing that every week, Ams fight on a weekly basis and fight a lot of fights, so they must fight at their walk around weights. Thats why Bradley fought so high in the ams, and Berto too, cutting tons of weight would have killed those guys imagine starving yourself every single day just to fight at 147 when you walk around at 170? You can only do that in the pros because you don't fight often.
            And that's the point. In the AMs you have to stay within the limit throughout the tournament. In the pros you've got 30 hours to rehydrate. TS is just ignorant and should just leave the thread.

Comment

Pascal is a bigger puncher and didnt hurt Chad. Ward is not known for his power and some people get mad because the obvious is being said. If you dont believe that weight was an issue, you are a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
                Pascal is a bigger puncher and didnt hurt Chad. Ward is not known for his power and some people get mad because the obvious is being said. If you dont believe that weight was an issue, you are a moron.
                Did Pascal KO Froch, or did he get beat by Froch? Did Andre Ward hurt Froch and outbox Froch? The Pascal "is a bigger puncher" than Ward idea is a myth, unless Froch goes on record and states otherwise...jus sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Turner View Post
                  Did Pascal KO Froch, or did he get beat by Froch? Did Andre Ward hurt Froch and outbox Froch? The Pascal "is a bigger puncher" than Ward idea is a myth, unless Froch goes on record and states otherwise...jus sayin.
                  Oh so now it turns out that Ward is a bigger puncher than Pascal ... I don't know how some guys can reach this kind of conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Turner View Post
                    A myth? Ward outboxing Froch dont mean that he hits harder. Hopkins was knock down several times. The only other common opponent is Camou who was TKO by Ward in the third when the ref stopped the fight a bit early IMO and Pascal KO with a body punch. The only myth here is thinking that a guy that have fight career at LHW wont be affected by losing 7 extra pounds. Incredible how some of this posters talking all this ish are the guys that criticize Pac for doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                      Oh so now it turns out that Ward is a bigger puncher than Pascal ... I don't know how some guys can reach this kind of conclusions.
                      I didn't say that Ward is a bigger puncher than Pascal, because we just don't know. Did Carl Froch say Pascal was the bigger puncher? He fought both men and is the only person I know who is qualified to answer that question.

Re read what I initially wrote, and try to follow your own advice.

Comment

Working...
                      X