No announcement yet.

[New Video] J'Leon Love Sparring Ismayl Sallikh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johncods View Post
    Actually it does if the bigger guy is just as good or better which was the case here.
    You're still going to display your skills but you'll be less effective. Love didn't show much.

Comment

Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post
      Ay man screw all this, you need to get us some footage of Gamboa...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
        Great video i love watching elite sparring. Ismayl Sillakh has great skills I was shocked when the Russian knocked him out.
        he got real lax... weak chin presented itself. Shrug. Kids amazing otherwise.. but that chin will seriously stop his progression

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          I was talking about Love's boxing ability, defense, offense, accuracy. Those things have nothing to do with size.

sure they do

hop in there with a HW if you weigh 130 lbs and see what your defense looks like

see how easy it is to land
          see how easy it is to let your hands go and get your offense off.

they're sparring. love will get better if he does this regularly. that is the idea. get better, get in shape for your fight. be ready for one night of hard work against your opponent in your pro fight. this is just sparring.

sillakh is going to beat your ass if you're love in that situation. as long as you arent taking a ton of punishment these sorts of sparring sessions are the best thing for him. just think about how easy it's going to be when he's in there with a guy of his size if he's used to fighting a huge guy with a huge reach like sillakh, with a serious amateur pedigree and great boxing skills?

it's good for sillakh, too. he just got his but whipped by pirate grachev. he's getting plenty of confidence whipping up on a solid boxer like love. it's not like he's beating / knocking out a name opponent in a pro fight, but he's still whipping up on that azz in front of a gym full of people. and he's using his skills to do it and not merely imposing his size, even if he is outright bigger and getting an advantage from it.
          Last edited by New England; 08-11-2012, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
            he got real lax... weak chin presented itself. Shrug. Kids amazing otherwise.. but that chin will seriously stop his progression

agree 100%

they wont show they faces, but i got into it about sillakh's chin with some ruskies before he was stopped by grachev. it'l probably keep him from achieving anything like what he achieved in the amateurs, and what his pure physical talent and boxing skill might have allowed him to do. if they didn't take hard punches to the chin in pro boxing then he'd be the best prospect on the planet...

he was stopped in some of his big amateur fights. he also just didn't look to be taking the punches well against despaigne. he withstood them, but something about the way he looked on an HD screen where i could see every detail made it look like they were effecting him.

Comment

Is Sillakh going to join The Money Team?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                agree 100%

they wont show they faces, but i got into it about sillakh's chin with some ruskies before he was stopped by grachev. it'l probably keep him from achieving anything like what he achieved in the amateurs, and what his pure physical talent and boxing skill might have allowed him to do. if they didn't take hard punches to the chin in pro boxing then he'd be the best prospect on the planet...

he was stopped in some of his big amateur fights. he also just didn't look to be taking the punches well against despaigne. he withstood them, but something about the way he looked on an HD screen where i could see every detail made it look like they were effecting him.
                Sillakh fked up when he didn't go for the kill vs Grachev... He decided he wanted to get some rounds in (assuming) and did it vs the wrong guy.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                  His chin isn't that bad. It's not like he did a Khan dance or went straight to sleep. He got hurt and then laid on the ropes and took a gazillion shots before the ref stopped it. It's a defense and ring smart problem more than it is a chin problem.

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  sure they do

hop in there with a HW if you weigh 130 lbs and see what your defense looks like

see how easy it is to land
                  see how easy it is to let your hands go and get your offense off.
                  If I'm more skilled than the HW I wouldn't get hit much but the first big shot that lands would knock me out of the ring. Until that happens, my skills would be on display, I'd throw combinations that wouldn't land but the speed and timing will be there.

If Floyd spars Froch, he might get beat up in the end but you'd be able to see his boxing ability.

I'm just saying I don't see much from Love right now but like you said, he's still a work in progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    If I'm more skilled than the HW I wouldn't get hit much but the first big shot that lands would knock me out of the ring. Until that happens, my skills would be on display, I'd throw combinations that wouldn't land but the speed and timing will be there.

If Floyd spars Froch, he might get beat up in the end but you'd be able to see his boxing ability.

I'm just saying I don't see much from Love right now but like you said, he's still a work in progress.
                    You didn't see those shots going thru Love's guard? Not only was his neck snapping back but it was also bending his back.

I doubt you would wanna do much after feeling that.

Comment

Working...
                    X