Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shane Mosley: "After I Beat Mayorga Again I'll Knockout Mundine In A Rematch" (VIDEO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
    That's the thing, he already HAS taken accumulated damage throughout his career and is showing signs of that.
    He's still medically fit to fight, if there was a risk of serious brain damage, like a tumour or brain bleeding, he wouldn't be legally allowed to box.

Mosley obviously enjoys boxing, if it means that in 20 years time some sort of fatal brain damage catches up with him and he dies as a result, at least he spent as much time as possible doing something he enjoyed and getting paid for it.

The alternative might be that Mosley veers off into some career that he has no passion for, he gets fat, starts drinking heavily and dies of coronary heart disease or liver failure, or something. I mean that's just an example but my point is, you never know when you're going to go, if you spend your time doing something you enjoy and getting paid for the work, it's a win win situation. Either way, you're going to get sick and die sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
      He's still medically fit to fight, if there was a risk of serious brain damage, like a tumour or brain bleeding, he wouldn't be legally allowed to box.

Mosley obviously enjoys boxing, if it means that in 20 years time some sort of fatal brain damage catches up with him and he dies as a result, at least he spent as much time as possible doing something he enjoyed and getting paid for it.

The alternative might be that Mosley veers off into some career that he has no passion for, he gets fat, starts drinking heavily and dies of coronary heart disease or liver failure, or something. I mean that's just an example but my point is, you never know when you're going to go, if you spend your time doing something you enjoy and getting paid for the work, it's a win win situation. Either way, you're going to get sick and die sooner or later.
      So is James Toney, that's not saying much. The people who medically clear these guys are a disgrace imo. I understand Mosley loves Boxing and everything so good luck to him.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post

Just because they pass him to fight doesnt mean its a good idea. Its not that hard to pass the physical. Holyfeld and Tony passed it all the time. Barrera fought with a metal plate in his head his whole career. And if youre desperate enough to fight, you can always go to another country, they will approve anybody.

There are ways to stay involved in boxing other that taking punches as a 45 year old in professional bouts.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
          Just because they pass him to fight doesnt mean its a good idea. Its not that hard to pass the physical. Holyfeld and Tony passed it all the time. Barrera fought with a metal plate in his head his whole career. And if youre desperate enough to fight, you can always go to another country, they will approve anybody.

There are ways to stay involved in boxing other that taking punches as a 45 year old in professional bouts.
          Not a good idea for who? It's a good idea for Mosley because that's what he wants to do. He's aware of the risks but he's willing to take them. Just like a police officer (or drug dealer for that matter) is willing to take the risk of getting shot on the street.

Many jobs have inherent risks attached and age isn't always the prevailing factor behind death. Many boxers, police officers, factory workers, car racers have died in their 20s not thier 40s. Life is unpredictable (think Paul Williams) but the amount of time any person is alive is very limited so if you have the opportunity to do what you enjoy and get paid, go for it whatever your age.

Comment

Working...
          X