Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's fine as fcuk

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Good fighter but he's taken too many soft touches in the last year or so.
      How so? Chavez, albeit severely hyped up, was undefeated in 40 plus fights, younger by 10 years, big enough to fight at cruiserweight and a 70% ko%.

Macklin went to Germany and beat up on the reigning champ and got ripped off on the cards, before that, he hadn't lost in 6 years and is ranked in the top 10 MW's in the world.

Martinez has taken tougher fights than any other fighter I can think of in the last few years.....I can't think of anyone who has faced similar competition, maybe Donaire, Pac or Guerrero have faced a similar level of comp at a higher weight class than where they fought most of their careers. I get a sense that because people aren't as familiar with these guys that he is fighting, they think these guys aren't good - that is simply not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
        Macklin's not bad didn't he just get a first round ko not too long ago? I don't really know anything about the other two
        Macklins a decent fighter.

He probably should have got the decision against Sturm and he has a few solid wins.

Then again, he's the same guy who got brutally knocked out by Jamie Moore.

He knocked out Alcine in the first round, but what's so great about that?

Comment

Then again, he's the same guy who got brutally knocked out by Jamie Moore.
          That remains one of the best fights I've seen. Not many international posters will have seen it as it wasn't a major domestic dust up, but what a fight.

He's looked much better since moving up.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            How so? Chavez, albeit severely hyped up, was undefeated in 40 plus fights, younger by 10 years, big enough to fight at cruiserweight and a 70% ko%.
            Chavez was a good win.

Macklin went to Germany and beat up on the reigning champ and got ripped off on the cards, before that, he hadn't lost in 6 years and is ranked in the top 10 MW's in the world.
            Macklins also a decent win as due to the fact he should have got over Sturm.

He was undefeated in 6 years but who as he fighting? Domestic and European level bums 95% of the time.

And, during that time he got knocked out cold by Jamie Moore.

Hardly a world beater.

Martinez has taken tougher fights than any other fighter I can think of in the last few years.....I can't think of anyone who has faced similar competition, maybe Donaire, Pac or Guerrero have faced a similar level of comp at a higher weight class than where they fought most of their careers. I get a sense that because people aren't as familiar with these guys that he is fighting, they think these guys aren't good - that is simply not the case.

A genuinely hilarious statement.

This is the guy who fought Darren Barker just two fights ago. A guy who had only 1 fight above domestic level and in that 1 fight he looked awful.

Is fighting Martin Murray next.

It has nothing to do with people not being familiar with them. The people from the UK who have actually followed their careers, know they are simply not that good of fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              That remains one of the best fights I've seen. Not many international posters will have seen it as it wasn't a major domestic dust up, but what a fight.

Awesome fight, no doubt.

He has got better but I wouldn't say he's much better.

Comment

Awesome fight, no doubt.

He has got better but I wouldn't say he's much better.
                I'm not sure.

When he fought Jamie Moore, I thought that would be his level. I thought he could be involved in some great fights for domestic honours without ever getting to world level. Now though, I honestly think he could fight anybody at 160 and give them a really tough night.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post

Agreed, im going to go find it now!

Comment

Chavez was a good win.

Macklins also a decent win as due to the fact he should have got over Sturm.

He was undefeated in 6 years but who as he fighting? Domestic and European level bums 95% of the time.

And, during that time he got knocked out cold by Jamie Moore.

Hardly a world beater.

A genuinely hilarious statement.

This is the guy who fought Darren Barker just two fights ago. A guy who had only 1 fight above domestic level and in that 1 fight he looked awful.

Is fighting Martin Murray next.

It has nothing to do with people not being familiar with them. The people from the UK who have actually followed their careers, know they are simply not that good of fighters.
                    Martin Murray did as well as Macklin did against Sturm to be fair. Hes not bad trust me.

I accept that he hasnt many high profile fights so wont argue with you on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                      Martin Murray did as well as Macklin did against Sturm to be fair. Hes not bad trust me.

I accept that he hasnt many high profile fights so wont argue with you on that.
                      Completely disagree.

Sturm was very unlucky to not get the W against Sturm.

Murray was very lucky to get a Draw with Sturm.

Comment

Working...
                      X