Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady "ggg" golovkin's pro resume exposed by troy king (boxingego)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His resume is what it is. If he moved up he would have lost to Ward so it wouldn't have gotten better with an L on it.

This year is major and it's not looking promising with Canelo hiding at 155, Saunders/Eubank on deck and Jacobs content with his WBA participation ribbon.

The best thing for him to do right now is take all the belts so no more Billy Hoe Saunders types can enter the division and call themselves "champions". He needs to stop letting Oscar jerk him around though and take that WBC strap. Then pay Billy Hoe whatever he needs to get that 4th and final one. Give Billy Hoe a 75/25 split and go to the UK. It's basically a tuneup.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      ... he ain't fight nobody doe.
      He's fighting top 10/15 people. Don't get me wrong, I'm not excluding blame from GGG, for all I know his demands are ridiculous. But from the outside looking in, it doesn't seem like very many people want to fight him

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        he is almost in his mid 30s....how long are people gonna ride that horse. Seems to me they are padding his record until he cashes out versus Canelo.

He just killed the momentum from his good win over Lemieux and goes back to fighting unranked Monroe level guys

He has options...He can fight Lara, Jacobs, or move up. DeGale and Jack wouldnt run from him. GGG VS Abraham would be huge in Germany.

that nobody wants to fight him excuse is getting old. Especially considering so many fighers in history who were "ducked" and "avoided" decided to move up, or move down or change what country they fought in for opportunities

HBO and K2 are making money whether he fights good competition or not....the bad thing is, fans are getting a little restless.
        You're not wrong bro. What I'm saying is, I think it's understandable that he hasn't moved up because a Canelo or Cotto fight would get him a HUGE pay day. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I get it.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
          I find it a bit ridiculous that people criticize GGG's resume, but don't realize that no one at MW wants to fight him.

Yes, I know, the Ward fight is something boxing fans wanted to see, but with Canelo and Cotto (2 huge draws) are in his division (or relatively close), why would he move up to fight that big of a threat for much less money?
          Canelo and Cotto have never weighed more than 155 lbs. in their entire career. They are junior middleweights.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
            Those huge draws never fought over 155 and gave gg terms and he said he would not negotiate anything.
            I know. You're talking to one of the biggest Canelo fans on this message forum, but I hate that Canelo is defending the MW title at 155. Canelo can be entitled EVERY other advantage (ring size, venue, purse split, etc.) but I want Canelo to move to 160 if he's going to hang on to that strap.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              Canelo and Cotto have never weighed more than 155 lbs. in their entire career. They are junior middleweights.
              Which is why I posted that that's why Canelo should drop the strap if he doesn't want to move to 160

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                why does he have to move up? why can boxing go back to be boxing? instead of a popularity contest? forget about canelo, what about saunders? jacobs? quillin? are they bigger stars than GGG too? this guy acts as if GGG doesn't want to fight anyone and is happy fighting the wades of the world.
                Sadly boxing is a business and if he doesn't want to negotiate with GB or sit idle waiting on unification, he can move up...he isn't a spring chicken

They ducking right? When Paul Williams was ducked @ 47 he moved up ...when Sergio Martinez was ducked he moved up

Sometimes you Take opportunities or you MAKE them....GGG is in limbo and I want to see him fight better comp than wade or Monroe's of the world

Comment

Get him out of here huh? Get in the ring with him and get him out of here. I suspect whats going on here is the same thing that went on with Floyd its just a different group hatin this time.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
                    Which is why I posted that that's why Canelo should drop the strap if he doesn't want to move to 160
                    Which doesn't solve Golovkin's dilemma of finding a real challenge.

So why did he duck Ward again?

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
                      Get him out of here huh? Get in the ring with him and get him out of here. I suspect whats going on here is the same thing that went on with Floyd its just a different group hatin this time.
                      Difference being that Mayweather actually fought everyone the haters demanded. It's just that after the fact these guys became too green or too old or too fat. Or Floyd ran or Floyd hugged or Floyd roided.

In 10 years, about 10 of Mayweather's victims will be in the IBHOF.

How many future Hall of Famers has Golovkin beaten?

Comment

Working...
                      X