Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Makes a Class A Fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fighter, B fighter, C fighter, it's just a matter of opinion and can't be proven. If someone thinks a particular fighter is an A fighter then to him that's his grade. I don't grade fighters that way myself. I have read about world champions on this board being rated as C or even D fighters and to me that's ridiculous. How could a boxer be a world champion and not be graded as at least a B ? I don't admire dirty fighters or rated them higher because of their dirty fighting skills. Pacquiao, Canelo and GGG are three of my favorites and they have accomplished a lot in boxing without resorting to dirty or illegal tactics.

Comment

An A-level fighter to me is one that has proven that they can take on all styles and win or look really really good in a close loss because not everyone needs undefeated to be an A lister. A B level fighter to me is one that struggles against certain styles constantly but can compete with most styles and possibly win a world title in a relatively weak division. C level are Journey men/gatekeepers.

Comment

Working...
      X