No announcement yet.

Mosley reveals gameplan vs Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
    Bottom line, he has mastered those skills even though Pernell Whitaker is arguably better.
    P4P,

I LOL'd at your bets. Have we reached the point where we are betting on if fights will actually happen, and if guys won't test positive for steroids?

That's hilarious.

Comment

I don't think Mosley or most boxers can have anything but a vague outline of a gameplan before the bell. He has an idea of what he wants to try but everything will be adjusted according to the opportunities as they present themselves.

It's funny how people can look at the same thing and come away with opposite views. Some Floyd fans suggest he dominated DLH. I certainly didn't feel that way. I think Floyd won only because he showed more mental toughness in the later rounds. The fight was there for Oscar to take, but he seemed to me to fade at the end.

So it is with this one. I don't either one blows the other away. Floyd really doesn't like to get into a fight and take punishment. So, I just don't see him getting aggressive early on. This one will get into the later rounds and then the mental toughness test will tell.

But because Mosley has been in there with tough fighters much more than Floyd, I think he will have an edge at that point. He still matches up well with Floyd in terms of hand speed and overall ability and has more power, IMO.

Comment

mosley's gameplan ain't half bad.

1) if you let floyd get comfortable potshotting, he'll do it for all 12 rounds and will not take a risk because he fights scared. but if floyd thinks he's behind on the cards, he might be more willing to throw punches which will open him to be countered.

2) floyd is better at defense than offense, so mosley is right in thinking to make floyd throw more punches. floyd got caught against corley and judah because he was being aggressive. when floyd is being defensive it's hard to land a punch on him.

3) a body attack is essential because the head isn't gonna be there, and you gotta slow this runner down. if floyd is giving mosley the forearm, that means his body is open. mosley should shove away the forearm and unload on those ribs. Just remember not to stay in the pocket too long.

Comment

shane's gonna be one frustrated s.o.b.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
            mosley's gameplan ain't half bad.

1) if you let floyd get comfortable potshotting, he'll do it for all 12 rounds and will not take a risk because he fights scared. but if floyd thinks he's behind on the cards, he might be more willing to throw punches which will open him to be countered.

2) floyd is better at defense than offense, so mosley is right in thinking to make floyd throw more punches. floyd got caught against corley and judah because he was being aggressive. when floyd is being defensive it's hard to land a punch on him.

3) a body attack is essential because the head isn't gonna be there, and you gotta slow this runner down. if floyd is giving mosley the forearm, that means his body is open. mosley should shove away the forearm and unload on those ribs. Just remember not to stay in the pocket too long.
            Pull-Counter,

Who do you see being more comfortable in a low-volume affair?

I just don't really see Shane having the mind-game to be in a fight where he has to think through being a counterpuncher....and I think that's how I'm reading your post.

Also, please note that Corley and Judah are southpaws.

Comment

Mosley's gameplan is the same gameplan he came up with his dad in 1999.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
                Bottom line, he has mastered those skills even though Pernell Whitaker is arguably better.
                and have I stated otherwise?

No,

so whats your point in regards to my posts here?

You don't have one. You're just spouting off for whatever reason.

I've never downplayed his abilities or talents.

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
                  It's bad to let people get away with lying. That's why society's as bad as it is now. Still didn't say how Fraud will be exposed.

What does that have to do with anything I've said in this thread?

Nothing.

You cats are just like Floyd.

Someone can be talking about cats and dogs,

and you fools reply with how purple the sky is.

Comment

Originally posted by And Still View Post
                    Pull-Counter,

Who do you see being more comfortable in a low-volume affair?

I just don't really see Shane having the mind-game to be in a fight where he has to think through being a counterpuncher....and I think that's how I'm reading your post.

Also, please note that Corley and Judah are southpaws.
                    shane has to win all the beginning rounds by starting fast and not letting floyd potshot.

once shane has all those rounds in the bag, floyd will have throw more punches if he wants to win the middle rounds. that's when mosley can punch with floyd.

if you give floyd all the early rounds, floyd will just cruise to a UD and not do **** the entire fight. just watch the JMM fight.

I know that corley and judah are southpaws, but the point is they caught him when he was trying to be aggressive. floyd is a better defensive boxer than an offensive fighter. that's the whole point.

Comment

Originally posted by TortillaWarrior View Post

What does that have to do with anything I've said in this thread?

Nothing.

You cats are just like Floyd.

Someone can be talking about cats and dogs,

and you fools reply with how purple the sky is.
                      LMAO the sky aint purple its GREEN

Comment

Working...
                      X