No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez To Danny Garcia: Amir Khan is Next Fight, By June

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vman075 View Post
    His point was that you can't (or aren't supposed to, obviously they don't always follow this) win a vacant belt without the #1 guy involved in the fight. Those other ones you listed weren't vacant belts. They were voluntary defenses. Only Bika was a vacant and he was the #1 contender, he won an eliminator in the fight before his title fight.
    fair point, great comment, i'll point out khan's recent history has been fighting once a year and khan would've held up the progress of the division

Comment

Originally posted by St. Johns Gent View Post
      1000000 on point!!!!!!!
      lol dont talk about it be about it..give them here lol

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        The question is, who would turn down Pacquiao. No active fighter would say no to a Pacquiao fight, that's a privelage, not something that is owed to Khan, he hasn't earned it. If you lose, you come out as a winner in the bank. Khan refuses to fight the top WW's. His last top 5 fighter was Zab Judah, ranked #5 at JWW. His last top 10 win was Alexander, ranked #9 at WW. If we focus on his last top 5 win, it was 5 years ago. Now as a Khan fan, you have to be disappointed at that. The most ridiculed fighters on Earth have fought top 5 fighters more recently than Khan.

Talking about Pacquiao specifically he has fought guys coming off losses and 10 rounders, so Khan coming off Alexander and Algieri isn't bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
          Talking about Pacquiao specifically he has fought guys coming off losses and 10 rounders, so Khan coming off Alexander and Algieri isn't bad at all.
          Algieri upset Provodnikov, was very dangerous at the time.

Pacquiao has fought guys coming off losses/draws/layoffs and bad performances like Mosley, Rios, Clottey, Margarito and he got ripped for it by the critics, although the Clottey match was not bad coming in, since many felt Clottey was the true winner in the Clottey-Cotto fight and should have gotten the nod and therefore the win and the first crack at Pacquiao.

Regardless, it's Pacquiao's last fight. Don't get me wrong, Pac-Khan would have been interesting, but not that interesting. Khan has not shown that he is elite. He did not show it against Julio Diaz, almost losing on the cards and getting dropped, all while the fight taking place in England, with English judges and an English ref and he still just got by Diaz. He just got by Algieri. He wasn't even close to beating Garcia. He struggled and looked terrible vs Peterson. People say his speed this, speed that, but where is his speed when he is struggling against C rate and B rate fighters and where is his speed when he is unable to beat the more decent guys of the sport? I get your point, that Pacquiao has fought bad fighters in the past, but that doesn't mean that he should just give a fight to all undeserving fighters every time.

Comment

Hopefully. ..

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              Well Danny won a vacant belt and that's their rule to fight the mando right away. But postol also won a vacant belt and gets to fight a voluntary. So yea they're still hypocrites
              Canelo won a vacant belt as well, but not only did the WBC approve a voluntary, they damn near suggested it.

Comment

The question now is will Garcia ditch the belt to avoid the fight? All the signs are there

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                  The question now is will Garcia ditch the belt to avoid the fight? All the signs are there
                  I sense and "injury" incoming.

Then Khan cant fight due to ramadan. Danny keeps the belt and fights a voluntary. Khan remains a legend in his own mind without fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by micky1971 View Post
                    i bet king khunts drawers/panties are sticky at the front for the money and sticky at the back for having to fight garcia again after the brutal ko loss against him. i bet the bums bum is on the 5hitter right now having a little squeeze out.

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
                      I would sue the WBC if I was Garcia, and he'd win because Bum squad Wilder has fought 3 voluntary defenses but Garcia can't make even 1. Hypocrisy at its best.
                      You do realise that there's nothing stopping Garcia from fighting tune ups before that June date right? And you do realise that Deontay Wilder only fought the first two voluntaries BEFORE the wbc mandated negotiation date and only fought the third voluntary because....OH Yeah! Because chicketkin decided to defend a silver title AFTER the negotiation date and forced the wbc to extend the negotiation date by a month but OH WAIT.....did chicketkin decide to negotiate or did he ask for ANOTHER six/seven month extention?

Yeah, burned!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X