No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto: I Won 8 of 12 Rounds, I Expected To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    Outlander him? Canelo landed more overall punches and more power shots and at higher connect rates. Cotto missed 500 punches landed just 14% of his power shots. Canelo either slipped or blocked almost all cottos punches and the few times each landed had no impact. Canelo landed more, had all the flush and hard punches and landed at a higher rate. Cotto didn't win more then 3 rounds. He ran and threw punches that hit air and nothing else. lol
    I respectfully disagree. Please rewatch rounds 1-6

Comment

• Originally posted by PR ESQ. View Post
      EXTREMELY proud of COTTO... fight didn't diminish or tarnish an otherwise fantastic career... faculties intact with money in the bank...fought valiantly despite size/age disadvantages...truly has nothing to be angry about...
      Why is he being a little beeotch about it? Why not just be a man and admit defeat? Oh but I respect him lmfao fawking homer

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
        Why is he being a little beeotch about it? Why not just be a man and admit defeat? Oh but I respect him lmfao fawking homer
        perhaps, u should wipe canelos junk from ur eyes cuz u clearly cant read or comprehend the premise of my post so i will simplify so u can process more easily in case u reread and still cant process correctly

fuk u too...

Comment

• It was a close fight... a Draw would have been fair. Frankly Cotto controlled the action for most of the fight and therefore automatically wins ring generalship in all the rounds where Canelo was too lazy and didnt do enough.

Comment

• Para nada paisano

Just looked at the weigh in pics and cottos face does not have the black eye, it looks alittle touch maybe tender you might say but no doubt canelo made jalisko proud... I do not agree with score cards. Just sad to watch cotto end legacy in thi$ manner. .7.1.4

Comment

• Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
              Yeah, it was wrong. Cotto should have took command from the opening bell, but he decided to retreat, let Canelo build confidence and by the time he tried to exchange, Canelo had lost all fear/nervousness and felt in control.
              Agreed
              The game plan was wrong.
              I have rewatched the fight (with commentary turned down) and Cotto lost imo albeit not by as wide a margin as the scorecards.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOXEO _ View Post
                Not a good look for Cotto. The scorecards were crap but he didn't win the fight. I had it 7-5 Canelo.
                - Thats exactly how I saw it, Canelo won, but the scorecards were way off. Canelo fought a good fight as well as Cotto. The size difference was huge.

Comment

• Originally posted by kennethjohn View Post
                  you think hbo was supporting cotto?? wow... I saw it cleary the other way
                  I said boxnation and just for the early rounds.

Comment

• I saw the fight again. I agree. Canelo won.

Well it seems odd that I am quoting myself here. But it makes sense. I promised to wtch the fight again and I actually scored it.

This is my score after REALLY watching the fight and realizing that Cotto missed like crazy and Canelo was way more effective, and actually, Canelo was the one n command, not Cotto, but his jumping on his toes all night and missing tons of jabs, really fooled me the first time I saw the fight.

1 Canelo
                    2 Canelo
                    3 Canelo
                    4 Cotto
                    5 Canelo
                    6 Cotto
                    7 Canelo
                    8 Canelo
                    9 Canelo
                    10 Draw
                    11 Canelo
                    12 Canelo

M final score: 118-111. Nine for Canelo, Two for Cotto, One a draw.

Even though I m really disappointed that Canelo couldn't even knock Cotto down even though he landed no less than maybe 15 very hard shots, still he was vastly superior IMO.

Bottom line: I stand corrected. Of course several rounds were very close, that's why the majority of boxing analysts had it 115-113 followed by 116-112, but I am sure they were also mislead by Cotto's incessant jumping and moving all night. Yet Canelo landed more, harder, even though he threw way less.

Originally posted by sterilizer View Post
                    I just watched it with no sound.

I stand corrected. 10-9 Canelo, not 10-8, Cotto wasn't as hurt as I thought he was.

I will proceed to download the whole fight's video and watch every single round carefully, trying to count ONLY the connected shots from each boxer.

This time I will analyze in a cold, emotion-less manner, just count blows connected each round.

I may have written a lot of bull%$! in my last few comments on here.

Yet, I am still very disappointed that Canelo could never ever stop Cotto from jumping on his toes, away from him, again, because Canelo never seems to have enough conditioning to keep up with well-conditioned defensive fighters. Honestly, he looked almost as slow as Margarito, only way more accurate and powerful, when he did hit his target.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X