Collapse
No announcement yet.

my analogy is like this...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For being the most expensive boxing ppv in history, the way the fight ended was horrible. Ortiz's flagrant headbutts, Joe Cotez's backwards officiating & Floyd's fair butt cheap suckerpunching. The mainevent was pathetic. Floyd was winning, Ortiz had a few moments, I would have like to see the fight finish normally not suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen_Fighter View Post
      I saw it as a cheap shot. But it was legal, but that doesn't make it some thing we want in boxing. That being said I am not a big fan of "hugging' it out after a foul. Ortiz got what was coming to him in a way but I don't feel like the whole exchange was good for boxing. The flagrant headbutt was worse because it was a foul.

a cheap shot or sucker punch is punching someone that doesnt know their in a fight...and yes Ortiz got what he had coming...do you remember the Zab Jubah fight? Zab punches Floyd below the belt than follows up with a punch behind the head...now thats a cheap shot...

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        For being the most expensive boxing ppv in history, the way the fight ended was horrible. Ortiz's flagrant headbutts, Joe Cotez's backwards officiating & Floyd's fair butt cheap suckerpunching. The mainevent was pathetic. Floyd was winning, Ortiz had a few moments, I would have like to see the fight finish normally not suspect.

I can dig it...but I disagree with the cheap shot claims...you have to be a professional and Ortiz did not do his job...I think he was caught up in the moment and lost his train of thought...

Comment

Originally posted by rayb112 View Post
          I can dig it...but I disagree with the cheap shot claims...you have to be a professional and Ortiz did not do his job...I think he was caught up in the moment and lost his train of thought...
          Dude, does Floyd pay you to post and defend him on the internet? Or does he let you chill with him?

Stop posting FFS, cant believe Floyd so low that he making his groupies defend him online.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
            Dude, does Floyd pay you to post and defend him on the internet? Or does he let you chill with him?

Stop posting FFS, cant believe Floyd so low that he making his groupies defend him online.
            you obviously have some built up emotions inside about Floyd...leave me out of them...this is America buddy...we ALL have freedom of speech that is provided by the men and women who have and currently serve this country...so you should thank me...

Comment

Originally posted by rayb112 View Post
              how many times have we seen NFL quarterbacks (Payton Manning) try to catch their opponent not ready and hike the ball...once that referee spots the ball and signals to start the clock its fair play...so when I hear people say it was a cheap shot or on sportsman like...do you not feel the same way when a quarterback hikes the ball when their opponents not ready...how many times have you watched a basketball game and the defender turns his head or looks away and the man with the ball takes advantage of it...how about when in baseball the pitcher not paying attention and the runner takes off...hmmm...protect yourself at all times!
              your analogy is flawed try again

Comment

My analogy is this.

If a mutha****er breaks into your house when you are sleep, you wake up, grab your piece, and fire at him even why he's running back to the window he broke into. As he climbs out the window he catches 2 in the back.

Now one could argue there is no need to shoot a fleeing burgular. For me, since i got a wife and 2 kids, i'ma keep firing even while hes fleeing. WHy? Becasue once you cross the line there is no line anymore. Always remember that.

Vic crossed the line got what he deserved.

Comment

I've been running through the fight and how it ended quite a bit. Your analogy is interesting, but i don't live in the USA, so can someone tell me, do you usually pay $70 to watch a football game?

If i'm honest, I don't blame Floyd for doing what he did. He is the experienced professional and Ortiz just wanted a way out, he was getting his ass beaten which is why he head butted because he was flat out of ideas. I though by the end of the second round and into the 3rd round his mind was wondering off the job and i said to a friend the fuker is looking for a way out of the fight.

The thing is, Floyd fights once a year, talks up such a big game, charges the paying public $70 and then delivers that as a result.

I can understand why people are unhappy. The ending didn't fit the build up and the lack of activity that Floyd enjoys between fights.

Floyd struggles when it comes to PR and fan love. He pretends he wants to be the bad guy and loves playing the role but you can tell he just wants love like Pacman gets. The problem is when you deliver that as a result to a fight, it's easy to understand why people want to see his ass get beaten by Pacman.
                  Pacman is the peoples champ and acts like one in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by tibbar View Post
                    your analogy is flawed try again
                    explain...

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
                      I've been running through the fight and how it ended quite a bit. Your analogy is interesting, but i don't live in the USA, so can someone tell me, do you usually pay $70 to watch a football game?

If i'm honest, I don't blame Floyd for doing what he did. He is the experienced professional and Ortiz just wanted a way out, he was getting his ass beaten which is why he head butted because he was flat out of ideas. I though by the end of the second round and into the 3rd round his mind was wondering off the job and i said to a friend the fuker is looking for a way out of the fight.

The thing is, Floyd fights once a year, talks up such a big game, charges the paying public $70 and then delivers that as a result.

I can understand why people are unhappy. The ending didn't fit the build up and the lack of activity that Floyd enjoys between fights.

Floyd struggles when it comes to PR and fan love. He pretends he wants to be the bad guy and loves playing the role but you can tell he just wants love like Pacman gets. The problem is when you deliver that as a result to a fight, it's easy to understand why people want to see his ass get beaten by Pacman.
                      Pacman is the peoples champ and acts like one in the ring.
                      well its like this in the USA...I pay around $75 dollars a month for about 5 months to watch football on cabletv...so I pay a lot more to watch football than a Floyd fight or PPV event...a lot of people were mad about the finish but don't be mad at Floyd...be mad at Ortiz...he started it and Floyd finished it...Ortiz broke the #1 rule in boxing "PROTECT YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES"
                      Last edited by rayb112; 09-19-2011, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X