Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate the Rod Salka fight. But does Swift deserve an easy one?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate the Rod Salka fight. But does Swift deserve an easy one?

Champions in the past have sprinkled in easy bouts between their tougher matches. Riddick Bowe fought Michael Dokes and Jesse Ferguson, for example, in between the first and second Evander Holyfield fights.

If you look at Danny's career he's been in against one good fighter after another. Up to and including Mauricio Herrera.

Is he entitled to take a soft touch?

No. He had zab, morales II, Herrera all supposed to be "easy" fights. He's done enough milking.

Comment

Johan Perez would be an acceptable soft touch.......Not fighting a ROD SALKA....whatever the **** that is

Comment

but according to garcia "herrera vs ruslan wasnt even in championship fight"

"Ive never heard of herrera"

" i want to move onto bigger fights and not take herrera rematch"

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          Johan Perez would be an acceptable soft touch.......Not fighting a ROD SALKA....whatever the **** that is
          he is truly truly atg, future 140 lineal champ

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Champions in the past have sprinkled in easy bouts between their tougher matches. Riddick Bowe fought Michael Dokes and Jesse Ferguson, for example, in between the first and second Evander Holyfield fights.

If you look at Danny's career he's been in against one good fighter after another. Up to and including Mauricio Herrera.

Is he entitled to take a soft touch?
            The problem is the Herrera fight was promoted as a soft touch it was supposed to be an easy fight a showcase for danny in front of the PR fans it turned out to be a life and death struggle for danny and now he's fighting an even weaker opponent a guy a weight class below who isn't even ranked in the top 50 at lightweight.

Comment

The fight with Herrera was his tune up. Time to fight the big dogs of the division somebody in the top 15. I like Danny Garcia but if he's fighting the #77 140 in the world on a Showtime main event it's pretty pointless and makes you wonder his hunger.

I doubt this fight happens, the fans will make sure this fight doesn't happen.

Comment

No because Herrera was supposed to be a soft touch, stay busy fight..

And this salka fight isn't even a cherrypick, it way worse than that..

This is the lineal 140 champ in a pretty deep division fighting the #77 ranked lhw in the world..
                It doesn't get any worse than this.. This makes fights like bowe-ferguson, Floyd-bruscles, hopkins-hakkar look like Ali-Frazier

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Johan Perez is fighting Herrera on the Lara undercard. BTW I am going with the upset pick on this one. Johan Perez will beat Herrera.

Comment

Mayweather-Sosa/Bruscles/Mitchell

Those look like Fight of The Century esque compared to this

Comment

Working...
                    X