No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Reliving Las Vegas: Canelo, Weeks got it right at MGM

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cnota21 View Post
    I totally agree with this article and you pinpointed something keen bro. Virgil's advice contradicts his coaching with Andre Ward. I cant believe he wouldnt train Angulo to move his head. holy crap it was so easy for Canelo to land anything he wanted. I would like to see Canelo fight Lara to see if he could land like that on Lara
    Old habits are hard to break. Hunter may have tried to train Angulo to move his head, but then noticed that while he tried to concentrate on that, he couldn't mount an effective offense. Alfredo's strategy has always seemed to be to outgun his opponents. It doesn't always work though.

Comment

Good job by Weeks . It's a shame he got such bad criticism from some. Hopefully perro understands and appreciates that Weeks was trying to protect him.

Comment

That last punch was huge. Angulo took it well but imagine how tony saw it standing three feet away let alone the hundreds of other flush bombs.

Comment

Angulo was taking a serious beating and the stoppage wasn't bad at all. The uppercut that he ate was just vicious, brutal and punishing.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
            Espinoza said that Alvarez making 154 is no problem, yet he paid Angulo $100k to raise the limit to 155! He wasn't supposed to weigh more than 168 on fight night, but he weighed 174 on Showtime's scale. http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...tko-10th-round. Canelo is a big boy. He wants a rematch with Mayweather, but he'll never make a weight where he can both maintain his peak power and satisfy Floyd's requirement to not be too heavy. Espinoza also said a rematch with Mayweather @ 160 could be seen as a chance for Canelo to even the score. That will never happen. Mayweather had trouble reaching more than 150 in his last fight. He fought Alvarez with a 152 lb catch weight, which drainded Canelo. Alvarez won't likely subject himself to that again, and Floyd won't likely fight him at a heavier weight where he gains a strength advantage. Besides all that, with Mayweather it's usually one and done. The only rematch he ever had was with Jose Louis Castillo.
            thats not true. he just had to be 168 by 3pm I think

Comment

Working...
            X