No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao vs. Marquez Still Generates Huge Business

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pacquiao vs. Marquez Still Generates Huge Business

The fourth battle between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez generated huge business in Las Vegas.

The fight, which took place at the MGM Grand, generated a gate of $10,8888,890 dollars. The venue was sold out, with 15,403 tickets sold and 908 comps.

Comparing the bout to last November's third meeting, which took place at the same venue, the numbers are very similar. Pacquiao-Marquez 3 was also sold out, with 15,498 tickets sold and 891 comps. The gate was slightly higher at $11,648,000.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Everyone in attendance got their money's worth with the main event.

Same for the people who paid for PPV. The under card was pretty boring though.

I disagree with the demand for a 5th meeting though.

Comment

For the well being of Pac, i hope a fifth is not made.
      Marquez Already proved he is better.

Comment

b-b-but I thought noone cared about Pacquiao Marquez anymore? Isn't that what the worst fanbase in sports claimed?

Pacquiao Marquez 5 does 2 Million PPV sales and would sell out Azteca Stadium with +130K Mexicans

Comment

i fifth fight will be even bigger..this is the only fight i want for both next!...make it happen please!

Comment

5th fight does HUGE business i know im going
            biggest possible fight right now
            even more so than may canelo

Comment

Marquez has proved he is the better fighter of the 2. No need for a 5th fight. Pacquiao said there were no distractions in camp, he was knocking down sparring partners and said he would end all doubts about the previous fights and was in good spirits and in turn got knocked down like never before, then knocked out cold it was worse than the Roy Jones Tarver KO when RJJ first got KO'ed cold. That was the beginning of the end for Roy and now this is the fall of Pacman. Pacquiao will never be the same again after that. The iron chin we come to know wasn't there and as a result of that his days at the elite level are over.

Comment

its one of the if not the best series in boxing history, but this was supposed to be the end, yes a 5th will be huge but then that will lead to a 6th, these guys will keep on fighting each other forver!! lol marquez has proved in 4 fights hes better than pacman lets see pac/rios marquez/bradley marquez/broner marquez/rios so many matchups to be made right now this is a new era coming on and we need to push for the new blood to be in the mix pac and marquez have gave us 2 in a years time let them at least fight some guys in between if we gonna have a 5 and 6

Comment

Yeah I don't mind watching another fight but........antidoping or usda for both fighters

Comment

i would love to see a 5th fight.
                    cash is king... if theres a 5th fight it will brake all records.
                    it will still be a 50/50 fight. if you think otherwise you know 0 about boxing .

Comment

Working...
                    X