Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Victor Ortiz react to the right hand coming his way from Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why didn't Victor Ortiz react to the right hand coming his way from Floyd?

He just stood there and took it.

The first punch, the left...OK, maybe he didn't see that coming but the right that followed it? He made no effort to avoid it, or get his gloves up, or move his head. Nothing.

Why?

cuz he don't know **** about boxing

Comment

Because he was looking at Joe Cortez after the first shot. It's pretty clear actually, I'm sure you could dig up footage that shows clearly that.

Comment

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
        He just stood there and took it.

The first punch, the left...OK, maybe he didn't see that coming but the right that followed it? He made no effort to avoid it, or get his gloves up, or move his head. Nothing.

Why?
        That is my whole question on that, all he did was look at the ref he could have done a bunch of stuff that might have allowed him to survive but he did nothing of the sort.

That is why I have zero sympathy for him.

Comment

cuz the hook kinda made him look towards Cortez and his hands were already too low to block that quick right

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            That is my whole question on that, all he did was look at the ref he could have done a bunch of stuff that might have allowed him to survive but he did nothing of the sort.

That is why I have zero sympathy for him.
            it was part of the well choreographed song and dance number...

Comment

It really seems like he just let that happen.

Even if was lookin at the ref, he'd still see it coming and know what was happening right in front of him so I don't but that. He deliberately chose to not react. That is very unusual, and its actually suspicious, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
                it was part of the well choreographed song and dance number...
                I don't agree that it was staged, but whatever think what you want at least it is better than those feeling sorry for Ortiz.

I think it was just a terrible fail, from a guy who is not a real fighter.

Comment

I don't know maybe he couldn't wait to get his pay check.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X