No announcement yet.

Ten Welterweights who would topple Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    Those guys right at the bottom. Some very respected writers and historians. I guess the same twelve or so morons agreeing with each other on here everyday doesn't really mean "everyone will remember Floyd is a coward" after all.
    Seeing as how Cliff Rold is on that list, I completely disregard it.

Secondly, as soon as Floyd loses, whether he's old or not, he will drop off that top 20 list. Prior to Manny being knocked out by JMM, and Roy being knocked out by Tarver nobody questioned that they were top 20 all time great fighters. It's all about what you have done lately in boxing. It's sad.

Pacquiao's resume and accomplishments far outmatch Floyd. It will one day be realized and determined that the whole 2nd half of Floyd's career was about calculated risks and not daring to be great in any fashion. He just wants to make money and stay undefeated. Mark my words though, no matter how long it will be from now, Floyd will lose almost all, if not all of his money and will lose a boxing match. It's a guarantee.

Watch and see.

Comment

Any top welter would cause Floyd trouble..

Even guys like Forrest, spinks, mayorga would be trouble for him...

Floyd is a natural lightweight and welter is him topping out on the scales, it's not his best weight class

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
        Seeing as how Cliff Rold is on that list, I completely disregard it.

Secondly, as soon as Floyd loses, whether he's old or not, he will drop off that top 20 list. Prior to Manny being knocked out by JMM, and Roy being knocked out by Tarver nobody questioned that they were top 20 all time great fighters. It's all about what you have done lately in boxing. It's sad.

Pacquiao's resume and accomplishments far outmatch Floyd. It will one day be realized and determined that the whole 2nd half of Floyd's career was about calculated risks and not daring to be great in any fashion. He just wants to make money and stay undefeated. Mark my words though, no matter how long it will be from now, Floyd will lose almost all, if not all of his money and will lose a boxing match. It's a guarantee.

Watch and see.
        Would you like some cheese with that fine whine? That's a pretty good list of writers and they disagree with you. The writers and historians already disagree with you. If Floyd loses, sure he might fall. There's no shame in being ranked alongside the likes of George Foreman and Evander Holyfield. But until that day, keep praying to your Manny doll.
        Last edited by DeadLikeMe; 09-20-2014, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
          Would you like some cheese with that fine whine? That's a pretty good list of writers and they disagree with you. The writers and historians already disagree with you. If Floyd loses, sure he might fall. There's no shame in being ranked alongside the likes of George Foreman and Evander Holyfield. But until that day, keep praying to your Manny doll.
          I think Manny's resume stands for itself and is way better than Floyd's based on what he's done and who he's fought.

Oh, and I am neither a fan of Floyd or Manny but on a personal level Floyd is and has always been a POS.

I have my Rjjr and Vitali Klitschko doll on my bed

Comment

Originally posted by B0XEO View Post
            LOL, they would all have to wear pillow gloves and Mayweather Promotions would have to be the lead promoter of the event. In other words, Floyd would never step in the ring with those prime fighters.
            True, except Floyd wouldn't be the star that he is and couldn't make any demands of Leonard, Duran, Hearns. They would be telling him what he is going to make and he would be just another champion coming up to 147....no mansion, no 10 Ho's, no 20 cars. He'd be remembered as a guy who did great at 140 but got handed his a$$ at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              hmm 5'11 huh, maybe if you are blind. why is he the same height as 5'6 and a half berto? making things up is the only way for a floyd fan to exist. reality isn't kind to floyd. fantasy power!

Im not a Floyd fan and I judge his fight with Floyd. That fight look like Floyd vs Genero Hernandez. Ghost is not 5'6. And btw, You already know Im not a Floyd fan like that anyway. Go away you biased clown.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                Obviously you have never seen Herns fight or you would know his name is Hearns. If you had seen him fight at 147 you would have seen a jab and right hand with lightning speed and perfect accuracy. Hearns would have kept the fight in the ring center and no way in hell does Floyd negate the huge height and reach and huge power advantage on the outside and Hearns would keep him from coming inside with his piston jab and if Floyd got inside, Hearns is a better inside fighter with a powerful hook. If you think Floyd was stunned by Corley, Judah, and Mosley, you have seen nothing of what a prime Hearns could have done. Hearns style is all wrong for Floyd. Floyd gets knocked out before the 6th round. Hearns punches were not looping like most of the guys Floyd has fought at 147, they were straight as an arrow, deadly and fast as hell.

Leonard was bigger, stronger, and faster and he, Duran, Hearns, Cuevas, Benitez, EACH fought multiple greats, Floyd has not. Leonard didn't outbox the Duran from 1980 Montreal. That Duran was a menace that would have raked Floyd through hell and he still gave Leonard a tough fight in the second fight. Even Cuevas who had 11 defenses, 10 by KO would have made the punches Mosley hurt Floyd with seem pitty-pat. IF Floyd didn't get caught with one of those brutal hooks by Cuevas, he may have won by outboxing Cuevas but Floyd has never fought anyone with Cuevas's power and brutality. There is a reason Cuevas broke jaws, collar bones, ribs, turnbuckles on speed bags, he had serious power.

Floyd has never even fought anyone as good as a prime Benitez. All these guys, UNLIKE Floyd, fought in THE BEST welterweight division in boxing history. For that reason and a number of other reasons, Floyd will always be in their shadow and rightfully so. He was not as good as most of them and has not fought anyone who compares to them, period!
                Herns' bum ass lost to SRL. If you lose to SRL, who is basically a less skilled version of Floyd but has more power its no way he is going to beat Floyd. What is a tall slow motion man going to do to Floyd? His size advantage would be a huge disadvantage. And I didnt throw him in the ring with the Floyd who fought Corley and Mosley wtf are you crazy?

I said the Floyd who faced Canelo would be too much for a clumsey idiot like Herns. He can throw as many jabvs as he wants. It takes more than a tall jab to beat a fighter as skilled as Floyd. Styles make fights. I think a fighter like Pryor or Pac would beat Floyd and thats why Floyd didnt fight them.

I dont even see Floyd ducking a fighter like SRL or Herns. Its nothing about them that give them ANY kind of advantage over Floyd.

I dont care about SRL being bigger than Floyd. Floyd always fights guys bigger than SRL tbh. SRL lost to Duran because he let him get in his head. Floyd would do that WORSE. SRL tries to bully people with no power or with small size.

He would try to beat Floyd the same way he beat Floyd Sr. Which is a no-no with Floyd Jr.

I dont care who SRL fought. Just because you fought the best, does not mean you are the most skilled. Plenty of ATG's fought the best. Im judging these fighters off of their skillset. They all basically suck compared to Floyd. I seen SRL, Herns, Ali, Duran fight.

I grew up on Roy Jones. But Floyd is by far the best fighter in history. SRL is a fighter I actually hate and always seen him as overrated. A guy like him could NEVER EVER EVER beat Floyd. He was washed up at 30, Floyd still in his prime damn near. SRL started boxing at 16 as a hobby. Floyd was born into boxing.

These are the reasons why Floyd dedicates himself more, and is still close to prime. Because SRL was not born to do this he just happened to be good at it. Floyd is born to do this and he is great at it.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  True, except Floyd wouldn't be the star that he is and couldn't make any demands of Leonard, Duran, Hearns. They would be telling him what he is going to make and he would be just another champion coming up to 147....no mansion, no 10 Ho's, no 20 cars. He'd be remembered as a guy who did great at 140 but got handed his a$$ at 147.
                  Floyd would be a bigger start than them. None of them had personalities except for Duran and he cant even speak english.

Remember that time Floyd went up to SRL's face and told him that he wouldnt be shiat in this era? Floyd told SRL that to his face.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                    Herns' bum ass lost to SRL. If you lose to SRL, who is basically a less skilled version of Floyd but has more power its no way he is going to beat Floyd. What is a tall slow motion man going to do to Floyd? His size advantage would be a huge disadvantage. And I didnt throw him in the ring with the Floyd who fought Corley and Mosley wtf are you crazy?

I said the Floyd who faced Canelo would be too much for a clumsey idiot like Herns. He can throw as many jabvs as he wants. It takes more than a tall jab to beat a fighter as skilled as Floyd. Styles make fights. I think a fighter like Pryor or Pac would beat Floyd and thats why Floyd didnt fight them.

I dont even see Floyd ducking a fighter like SRL or Herns. Its nothing about them that give them ANY kind of advantage over Floyd.

I dont care about SRL being bigger than Floyd. Floyd always fights guys bigger than SRL tbh. SRL lost to Duran because he let him get in his head. Floyd would do that WORSE. SRL tries to bully people with no power or with small size.

He would try to beat Floyd the same way he beat Floyd Sr. Which is a no-no with Floyd Jr.

I dont care who SRL fought. Just because you fought the best, does not mean you are the most skilled. Plenty of ATG's fought the best. Im judging these fighters off of their skillset. They all basically suck compared to Floyd. I seen SRL, Herns, Ali, Duran fight.

I grew up on Roy Jones. But Floyd is by far the best fighter in history. SRL is a fighter I actually hate and always seen him as overrated. A guy like him could NEVER EVER EVER beat Floyd. He was washed up at 30, Floyd still in his prime damn near. SRL started boxing at 16 as a hobby. Floyd was born into boxing.

These are the reasons why Floyd dedicates himself more, and is still close to prime. Because SRL was not born to do this he just happened to be good at it. Floyd is born to do this and he is great at it.
                    You just called Hearns a bum and a clumsy idiot!!!! I'm done reading your brainless crap! I wont bother reading the rest, you clearly don't know jack about great boxers! You just sht all over yourself with those lame statements. Put up a poll and see who people pick in fights between Floyd against Leonard, Hearns, and Duran. And when the overwhelming pick is those 3 against Floyd, tuck your tail between your legs and walk off.
                    Last edited by richardt; 09-22-2014, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      How is it suspect? He's done it in the past.

Oscar used to refuse to be weighed on fight night, that's the whole reason Floyd started it doing it himself because Oscar didn't weigh in for their fight. Is he suspect?

Floyd didn't weigh for Marquez, Mosley, Cotto, Guererro

He did weigh for Ortiz (150), Canelo (150), Maidana 1(149)

Those weights are I between those. Sometimes he weighs in, sometimes he doesn't.

he drank pedialite immetiately after the weigh in. it's not at all out of the question that he was heavy on fight night.

Comment

Working...
                      X