No announcement yet.

Devon Alexander Wants Keith Thurman Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wild Apache View Post
    Thurman isn't considered the best yet though. What Devon's doing is earning his way up this here food chain. Amir khan get's stopped, looked like trash against mediocre fighters, and still expects to fight the sports biggest draws. And biggest draws does not translate to the best.
    Khan was stopped once since Prescott - Get over it ffs. Just once. He still beat Diaz who had just come off a winning performance against Porter, and then that little guy who looked OK vs Broner and Khan beat him a lot better than Broner did.

Then he beats Collazo who more than 60% of this forum thought would KO him, but doesn't get credit for that.

He says he wants to fight the best - He mentioned Mayweather of course, but he also mentioned Maidana, Porter, Garcia etc. And everybody said he's delusional - He still needs to beat people.

Alexander says he wants to fight Thurman. Wupti fuking do.

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    Your original post said Mayweather and Pacquiao. Now your adding these other names for whatever reason.

I'm not giving anybody props for calling them out unless they have a resume worthy of landing those fights. Everybody calls them out because they want the payday.

Now I'm supposed to give Guerrero props for wanting a rematch with Mayweather? No. Beat Thurman and Porter and then look for bigger fights.
    I think it included as 'whoever' because Khan has said he wanted to fight a lot of people.

So Alexander's resume is better than Khan's? You're not serious with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      Wait a min,dude Karass has been far more active as of late then Collazo..I personally think a win over Karass is the same as a win over Collazo..Alexander wants to fight the best as well,which is why he's calling out Khan and Thurman..If Khan wants to fight the best(as you put it)why has he not even mention Thurman??

I agree that Khan did not duck Alexander,I thought he took a risk or gamble to try and land the biggest fight out there..Business can never be a duck imo..
      Collazo is a better fighter than Soto-Karass is.

But Khan has mentioned Thurman! And Porter, and Mayweather and it seems now that Oscar has said the Pacquiao fight could happen.

And he says he wants it.

Why no probs?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        I think it included as 'whoever' because Khan has said he wanted to fight a lot of people.

Wait what? When did I say that. LOL. Your trolling now. Just in here trying to start ****.

Comment

Khan was stopped once since Prescott - Get over it ffs. Just once. He still beat Diaz who had just come off a winning performance against Porter, and then that little guy who looked OK vs Broner and Khan beat him a lot better than Broner did.

Then he beats Collazo who more than 60% of this forum thought would KO him, but doesn't get credit for that.

He says he wants to fight the best - He mentioned Mayweather of course, but he also mentioned Maidana, Porter, Garcia etc. And everybody said he's delusional - He still needs to beat people.

Alexander says he wants to fight Thurman. Wupti fuking do.

Alexander has 2 losses while Khan has three,two by brutal KO..I think their resumes are comparable..They both are unified Champs,Alexander is a two div Champion tho..Would'int you say you have to give the edge to Alexander at the moment??

Comment

Wait what? When did I say that. LOL. Your trolling now. Just in here trying to start ****.
            Sorry, my bad. Misunderstood your post.

Comment

Devon is calling out THURMAN so he can earn a shot at Mayweather. He's not calling out Mayweather by beating Soto Karrass. Where are you getting this from?
              LOL i know that's what I was thinking. I never said anything about Devon fighting Mayweather. This guy is a real Khan fan boy i see.

Comment

Collazo is a better fighter than Soto-Karass is.

But Khan has mentioned Thurman! And Porter, and Mayweather and it seems now that Oscar has said the Pacquiao fight could happen.

And he says he wants it.

Why no probs?
                Maybe when Collazo as younger..He's not a better fight as currently constituted,so I don't agree with that..IMO that are the same kinda fighter,and the same kinda fight..A stepping stone..Let's not go making Collazo into something that he's not..

Let's see what Khan does next,I'll reserve my opinion for that moment..

Comment

Alexander has 2 losses while Khan has three,two by brutal KO..I think their resumes are comparable..They both are unified Champs,Alexander is a two div Champion tho..Would'int you say you have to give the edge to Alexander at the moment??
                  Khan might have three losses on paper, same as Alexander only has two losses on paper. I'm thinking Kotelnik, I'm thinking Matthysse.

Khan has a bit of a weak chin of course and can be hurt - but I look at who they beat to become champ.

Khan beat Kotelnik 12-0 in their fight or thereabouts. Alexander lost to Kotelnik. or should have. Khan also beat Judah, another champ though not in his prime, Malignaggi, decent fighter I guess, and Maidana - the thurman of the 140 division at the time.

He then has a razor close loss to Peterson - another fighter in his prime. then fights Garcia - and loses.

Alexander won a vacant belt against Junior witter, has a good fight against a solid opponent in Urango, then loses to Bradley - or quits or whatever you want to call it.

His 147 resume includes a 40 year old randall bailey that couldn't even throw 100 shots in a 12 round fight and Lee Purdy, who's lost at british level. Now also Soto-Karass who's been beaten more than 10 times.

I can't see how Alexander's resume is better than Khan's - or even open to debate.

Comment

Maybe when Collazo as younger..He's not a better fight as currently constituted,so I don't agree with that..IMO that are the same kinda fighter,and the same kinda fight..A stepping stone..Let's not go making Collazo into something that he's not..

Let's see what Khan does next,I'll reserve my opinion for that moment..
                    Collazo was coming off his career best win and was the favourite against Khan?

Did anyone think Soto-Karass would beat Alexander? I doubt it.

Comment

Anyways, probs to Alexander for calling Thurman out - I think he can beat him.

Comment

Working...
                      X