No announcement yet.

HBO planning on doing a four-part Pacquiao-Margarito 24/7 series

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
    I agree Margs should have fought a ranked contender before a fight with Pac was made. That would have answered a lot of questions and if Margs looked good would have made this fight more anticipated. Im probably going to buy the ppv though because this fight will be exciting while it lasts.
    I totally agree with your respone and what you were quoting. I would like to have seen him fight someone in the belt ranking, but the fact is other than like three fighters, they were all uknown. Cintron, Angulo, Mosley. Mosley gots Mora (another WBC Ranked fighter). Cintron is doing I don't know what, but he'd cry if he had to fight Marg's again and Angulo is on this, I want a million dollars, trip. So who knows if any of those would actually happen. If he fought an uknown ranked fighter and then got this fight with Manny, we'd still be saying the same crap.

Comment

Originally posted by mruiz9 View Post
      I totally agree with your respone and what you were quoting. I would like to have seen him fight someone in the belt ranking, but the fact is other than like three fighters, they were all uknown. Cintron, Angulo, Mosley. Mosley gots Mora (another WBC Ranked fighter). Cintron is doing I don't know what, but he'd cry if he had to fight Marg's again and Angulo is on this, I want a million dollars, trip. So who knows if any of those would actually happen. If he fought an uknown ranked fighter and then got this fight with Manny, we'd still be saying the same crap.
      A luis Collazo or Carlos Quintana fight would have been good with both guys fighting between 147 and 154 and with the whole PR Mexico rivalry.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
        money talks... This fight will bring in $$$$$ with pac fighting a well known mexican.
        I don't understand why other people don't understand this. Pacquiao fans will watch this, whether at home or at someone else's and that person is buying it. Margarito still has a faithful following, plus a bunch of Mexican's who hate Pacquiao for beating up on all our greats.

And I said it before, Pacqiuao is treading into Mayweather territory. As may fans as haters... So in addition to his fans purchasing this, plus the entire Philippines, there is also the Ala-Mayweather hater fans who buy it just because they want to see the dude lose.

900-1Million easy IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
          A luis Collazo or Carlos Quintana fight would have been good with both guys fighting between 147 and 154 and with the whole PR Mexico rivalry.
          Your right, I didn't see Collazo in there, I had to go back and check. I don't see Quintana though. He's not a bad technical fighter and can give Marg's problems if they fought. But he's not ranked according to their site (WBC) and we'd be right back at the start of this thread... lol.

Comment

I just dont understand how this fight can be for a 154 tittle when BOTH are not ranked in the 154 weight class.. and at a catchweight of 150?!.. this is a slap in the face to all the ranked fighters in the division.. it truly is sad how these belt organizations are ruining boxing..

Comment

Originally posted by freeloada View Post
              I just dont understand how this fight can be for a 154 tittle when BOTH are not ranked in the 154 weight class.. and at a catchweight of 150?!.. this is a slap in the face to all the ranked fighters in the division.. it truly is sad how these belt organizations are ruining boxing..
              Your right, but the sanctioning body in this case probably just wants a fighter with a name to carry their belt. I'm sure good ol Bob had something to do with it too... They ranked him #1 so the next fight he had, he'd get the belt if he won. In this case, they won big since he's fighting Pacquiao and he may win that belt and is a bigger name than Marg's right now.

The catchweight for a vacant title is stupid too. IMO, they should have gave it to Angulo the last time he fought since he was the last high (#3 currently) ranked fighter to win after they stripped Martinez of it. At least we wouldn't have this crap. Maybe that would have enticed Marg's vs. Angulo. I'd pay for that.

Comment

Originally posted by freeloada View Post
                I don't understand how Cotto was ranked at 154 to face Foreman either.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                  I'll tell you how... Common denominator here: Bob.

Seriously though, when it's announced they will fight in another weight class, the sanctioning bodies immediately start the ranking according to their previous class referring to W/L, ranked opponents beat, ranked opponents fought and whether they're currently champion or not. I'm sure there is more, but these are the basics.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                    where does that even come from ? Cotto wasnt ranked..But he moved up in weight to fight someone with a tittle at the 154 limit.. How it should be done.. Yuri wanted the fight so you cant blame Cotto for that.. the better man won that night.. now Cotto is ranked.. dont try to justify The Marg-Pac fight at a catchweight for a tittle by trying to bash Cotto..

Comment

You predict this fight only doing 700k? LOL

this fight will do a million plus guaranteed, Pac VS a controversial Mexican? = $$$

Comment

Working...
                      X