Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've figured it out... Valero's road to Manny Pac...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've figured it out... Valero's road to Manny Pac...

Freddie wants Valero in November. So lets talk about how this fight comes to fruition. There are 8 months till November, therefore Edwin has time to create some real buzz with the mainstream boxing public.

So who can Valero face to set up a monster event with Pacquiao?

Juan Diaz or Juan Manuel Marquez at 140lbs in Texas on May 8th.

Diaz and Marquez have styles that would mesh well with Valero's style in terms of creating excitement. Valero needs that kind of exposure on the big stage to set up a mega event with Pacquiao. Pacquiao is already the most popular fighter on the planet, but if Valero can get some mainstream exposure before November, then a fight between the two could be something special.

Why May 8th? Well it's Cinco De Mayo weekend. Both Juan's would do tremendous numbers on this date. And HBO can put it together with the Mayweather vs Mosley replay, thus recruiting max viewers for the debut of Edwin Valero on "The Heart & Soul of Boxing".

Why Texas? Well, Valero is licensed in Texas. Houston's a great fight town and both Juan's would generate a sellout there. And lets not forget, Diaz & Marquez were involved in the 2009 FOTY, in Houston's Toyota Center.

And well, the fight needs to be at 140 because an eventual fight with Manny Pacquiao would fall somewhere between 140 & 147.

Discuss...

2nd thread on the same exact topic both made by you. Good work!

Comment

Originally posted by The Impaler View Post
      2nd thread on the same exact topic both made by you. Good work!
      This one's better, read it buddy

Comment

pathetic...they are scared of floyd

Comment

If Manny fights a guy who has not fought above 135, when he is a proven WW, he is a *****!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
            pathetic...they are scared of floyd
            You *****s are something else. Scared of Floyd? Bwahahahahahahaha. I think everyone is just tired of entertaining a fight with someone that wants nothing to do with Manny Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
              If Manny fights a guy who has not fought above 135, when he is a proven WW, he is a *****!!!!!!
              You're still mad about what happened to your boy (see my sig), get over it, quit being butthurt.

Comment

Id be hella pumped for Valero Pacquiao. Dont see anything wrong with it

Comment

Originally posted by M@nny View Post
                  You're still mad about what happened to your boy (see my sig), get over it, quit being butthurt.
                  Nope. Cotto lost to Manny because Manny was the better man, period.

You are idiot just like the *******s. What Cotto getting whooped by Pac have to do with Pac descicion to fight a LW, huh?

Aint this the same thing FLoyd got bashed for?

****ing hipocrit!!!!! You are a idiot!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lakas View Post
                    Id be hella pumped for Valero Pacquiao. Dont see anything wrong with it
                    It would be awesome, especially if it receives the right exposure and promotion.

Valero has been this cult figure, icon of sort, an undefeated phenom & KO artist and now he's making beginning to make noise within the mainstream boxing public. If Roach and the Valero camp are serious about a Manny Pac fight, I think one major fight on the big stage would set it up to be another mega event in Texas especially Cowboys Stadium again.

I wanna see it. Besides, the Floyd fight ain't happening, Floyd don't want none, it's time to move on.

Comment

Working...
                    X